Hi guys, I own a Gibson Les Paul, and now I want to buy a acoustic for when I don't want to be plugged in. I play alot of blues and country music, and I was wondering if someone could reccomend a guitar for me. I know very little about acoustics, and I don't want to make a bad decision.

I would like to spend at most 500 dollars or so. Preferably less. Just a good looking, good sounding guitar.

I would probably be shopping at guitar center, so if it was something they had, that would be awesome. Thanks all.
Quote by fsb_ben
Hell no Ibanez makes crap acoustics. Check out the thread in my sig bud

What about the Ibanez AW series acoustics? I think there was one in the Best acoustics under $300 thread sometime back.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
I have an Ibanez PF60S-NT and I'm satisfied with it. I haven't noticed anything wrong with it.
Quote by zeppelinpage4
What about the Ibanez AW series acoustics? I think there was one in the Best acoustics under $300 thread sometime back.

That was the Ibanez AW40NT

And it's rubbish.

They took it off the shortlist just after I posted this little review. Don't know whether I had anything to do with it;

"It was absolutely horrible. I couldn't actually play that much because my hand was sticking so much to the neck. The tone was dull and lifeless, the bass was flat and uninspiring, the treble was tinny and uneven, and the inlay on the neck looks like it was done using scrap cut-offs from a schecter.

I normally wouldn't go on like that but I really really really disliked that guitar."
I saw that AW40nt on the list a few months back and got an Ibanez AW100nt...

http://namm.harmony-central.com/SNAMM00/Content/Ibanez/PR/AW100NT.html

Are all Ibanez guitars like that or just the AW40nt?
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
What, rubbish?

Of course they won't be.

Your guitar might be the best ever for all I know. I havn't tried the 100NT, it might be great! But yes they AW40 was shocking.

Tbh chances are it's a lot better, because if it'd played anything like they AW40 you would have bought it solely for the purpose of destroying it so it could harm no-one else.
I ended up buying this guitar.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/shop/product/buy_taylor_110_dreadnought_acoustic_guitar?full_sku=102163060

I love it, kinda went in looking around at what they had, and just fell in love with this guitar. Very even tone to it, and I couldn't finds a guitar in the price range that was in stock that even came close to it. I'm very happy. Thanks for the advice, realized what I should avoid.