Poll: True of False: If you don't do very good in high school you're pretty much screwed
Poll Options
View poll results: True of False: If you don't do very good in high school you're pretty much screwed
Yes
98 43%
No
128 57%
Voters: 226.
Page 1 of 2
Please answer the poll question (It's coming)

And please answer the most likely option. Of course not everyone is screwed for life, but vote in generality.
Last edited by The Madcap at Aug 11, 2007,
False, you can always go to community college then transfer to a university and you will end up with the same degree.
It all depends on the person though.
(btw, that's actually what I'm doing)
No because alot more oppertunities for people and you can get stuff you need in college and stuff....
Quote by MetalHead73
So I, with a broomstick(Just in case) walk right where they can see me and I said:

"You kids ever taken a broom up the ass?"

The look on their face was priceless, and they ran, and I mean ran like a bat out of hell.
i did bad in highschool but im going to a 4 year college...
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
high school doesnt matter, and thats not just my opinion, thats the opinion of every teacher i have and every college professor ive talked to
Quote by Doolittle
Do it for Hedwig!
Meh. I was ****ty at high school. Probably because I spent my time playing guitar and trying to lay my hand on (then hard to get) weed...
Quote by bakk
Hi,
I have been pickin' up some Arabic radio signal things. Every time I turn up my Amp, this crazy Imam starts messing up my chords.

Proud owner of a 1987 Kramer Baretta I w/ spider Guitart.
High School=Big waste of time. A popularity contest that can be avoided by getting a GED and working up through a community college for an associates degree (basically a core curriculum stamp).
Is it a bad thing if one of your testicles is larger then the other two?
Quote by Masamune
False, you can always go to community college then transfer to a university and you will end up with the same degree.
It all depends on the person though.
(btw, that's actually what I'm doing)

Same. I fucked up in High School. So I'm hoping Community College will fix it.
Madcap, is it your goal to have the entire first page of the page of the pit filled with your threads?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Nah, just make sure you learn the basics in every subject, especially math, or else you'll have to re-learn it in a community college. I mean you can choose that path if you want, but like someone said, it's a hell of a lot easier if you just learn **** in high school.
Les Paul Player!
richard branson dropped out of high school and owns virgin records and makes millions of dollars
Quote by Kensai
Madcap, is it your goal to have the entire first page of the page of the pit filled with your threads?

Nope. Just the entire board.....
It says "true or false" and the options are "yes or no"

WHATS GOING ON?!

EDIT: well actually it says "true of false" but we wont get into that.
Quote by ZoSo0305
richard branson dropped out of high school and owns virgin records and makes millions of dollars

And thousands of homeless people dropped out of high school and eat boots for supper. Not hating on dropping out, just one person does not make a point.
Quote by ZoSo0305

I hate when people use examples like these. These people represent about 0.00001% of the world's population that are actually successful without a proper education. Just at least get your diploma and bachelors degree so you'll have a proper foundation and something to fall back on in case you never fall into that miniscule portion of the world's population.
Les Paul Player!
High School (or at least the Swedish equivalence of it) sucks. Big time.

Oh, and no. School isn't necessarily your only chance. Anyone who says so is wrong.
Quote by The Madcap
Nope. Just the entire board.....

I think that that's an admirable goal. Everyone, NO ONE else make a thread, ever. The Madcap will make them all for us.

Doing well in high school definitely helps you in the long run, but that's not to say you can't do very well for yourself if you do poorly. Success is a mix between hard work and dumb luck, as cliched as it may sound.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Yes, yes, yes.

The people who said no are likely those idiots who skip class, or show up 30 minutes into class and wonder why the teacher gets mad about it.
Yellowknife, Northwest Territories
Quote by Liberation
Yes, yes, yes.

The people who said no are likely those idiots who skip class, or show up 30 minutes into class and wonder why the teacher gets mad about it.

I said no, and I'm a straight A student. I just realize that even if you average C's, you can still be successful.
Quote by mr.joopy987
I said no, and I'm a straight A student. I just realize that even if you average C's, you can still be successful.

Not successful enough.

Highschool is the MOST important part of your life. **** up in high school, and you're ****ed for the rest of your life.
Yellowknife, Northwest Territories
If you're debating whether to try hard in high school or not, the answer is yes, do so.

It makes life easier, and you most likely will end up at a better college. The idea that a 2.7 GPA to community college to 4 year university will wind you up in the same place as a 3.5 GPA to a 4 year university is complete bull****.

If you do well in high school the fact is that you are going to get into a better college than if you went to community college. You're also going to be a hell of a lot smarter.

EDIT: And if you stay awake in class and do your homework, it's not like it's actually hard to do well. Seriously people, I took 3 AP classes in my senior year and did less than 2 hours of homework a week.
no you can always attend community college and transfer your credits to a university
I think doing good/average can help you out mostly..I mean I personally think its retarded to over acheive and do alll this pointless crap in high school and end up as the same person who did less in highschool..Because i've heard alot of that from teachers and junk...So thats why i usually stick to a normal pace of just doing what i need to do.
Fender 72' Thinline Telecaster
Fender 72' Telecaster Custom Deluxe
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

It's obvious I don't like fender at all

HORSE the BAND
the worse you do, the harder you have to work to make it.

some get lucky though. it's not impossible to do bad in high school and still end up with a great career, just a little more difficult.
Needlenick wrote:

Dave Grohl has officially literally done everything.
Quote by Liberation
Not successful enough.

Highschool is the MOST important part of your life. **** up in high school, and you're ****ed for the rest of your life.

Define what successful means? It means different things to different people. If it means getting rich and getting lots of money to you, then you have a bad outlook on life.
Duke Ellington - If it sounds good, it is good.
Quote by Liberation
Not successful enough.

Who says what "successful enough" is?
For most people it is probably something like making enough money to support a family and raise kids in a healthy environment. Going to college and doing transfer courses is fine for this.
What a loaded question...

Generally speaking, probably not, but if you do ****ty in high school, it usually carries over into college.
Looking for my India/Django.
Quote by VivaLaJam
False but it is easier if you do well in high school.

+1

And, I find it odd that you asked "True or False:", then the choices were "Yes" or "No".

Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
I wouldn't say doing bad in high school will screw you for life...but it certainly doesn't help.

So it's pretty important, overall.
The.
Kind of. If college is important to you it is pretty important to do well. I'm taking college pretty seriously just more for the experience than for "having a 'successful' life", but I need good grades to get good scholarships and actually make it affordable.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
not really, about half of your favorite artists never finished high school or post secondary, though it helps with the cashflow if you do
hue
Not true.

Case in point: I did well in high school and it got me absolutely nowhere.

Having money is what determines how we'll you'll do in life. =/

Unless you do REALLY well in school. Like, well enough to get a full scholarship.
Quote by Bmm386
Seriously people, I took 3 AP classes in my senior year and did less than 2 hours of homework a week.
Same, except I took four AP classes my senior year and did less than 1 hour of homework a week.

...granted, I spent every break period and lunch doing/copying homework.
i dropped out my junior yr.and got my GED and am now enrolled in a community college. from here i can either transfer and get a bachelors and beyond or just get a job with my associates. high school sucked, not the people, but really im at a point in my life now where most of my friends who are going into their sr. year will be at in one year so no i don't think it is a must to do well in high school, as long as you aren't a fundamentally dumb ass person.
Old king cole was a merry old soul, a merry old soul was he.
He called for his pipe, and he called for his bowl( ****ing stoner)
and he called information for numbers he could have easily looked up in the phone book.
Page 1 of 2