Hey
Theres a guitar on ebay I'm looking at getting but the serial number is blanked out in the picture... I asked him about it he said it was a security measure... so what I want to know is there a valid security reason to block out a serial number or am I going to get ripped off?
You can't play the guitar if there's another guitar with that serial number out there. Didn't playing half-life online teach you anything?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
^

Seriously, people can't e-steal your guitar cause they know your serial number, unless hes a dumbass and gets his guitar stolen, he will have trouble claiming it back unless he has the original sales receit (the guy who stole it will most likely claim it's his by writing down the serial number somewhere or something..)

Really though... he has NO valid reason to keep the number from you.

Quote by Kensai
You can't play the guitar if there's another guitar with that serial number out there. Didn't playing half-life online teach you anything?

I'm pretty sure that's the deal with all Steam's "masterpieces"
Last edited by AthenasGhost at Aug 11, 2007,
most of the time they show the serial but i worked with a few people the wont show it for security reasons,you just got read there comments and decide for yourself if you want to trust them or not..

Mostly i seen it done in Ibanez guitars but then again most of the fake guitars being sold on ebay are Ibanez guitars.
Not showing the serial could be bad news. If serials are scratched off guitars, it could mean that it was stolen.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
Thanks everyone.. yeah decided not to trust the guy.. his first sale and he refused to give me his serial number... got shirty about it... and the guitar didn't sell at all.. so.. his loss
thanks again
Livin For the Music

dimebag420666 wrote:

i play guitar with my penis
Good choice^ I wouldnt have gone for it without the serial.