what are some good strings for both standard tuning and also good for lower tunings
11 or 12
VAN HALEN - March 13 at the Izod

Quote by xchiefx
What kind of idiot mows the street
13's FTW.
Gear:
2007 American Stratocaster (Baby Blue Nitro)
2005 John Mayer Stratocaster (Sunburst)
2003 Godin Flat Five (Flamed Maple)
1967 American Stratocaster (Black Nitro)
1960 American Stratocaster (Olympic White Nitro)
I use 11's in standard. They're pretty thick, so they wouldn't be too flabby if you downtuned.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
i uses elixir 11-49. they feel great in standard and should be ok to anything as low as drop B. if you want to go lower than that you will have to use 12's and i havnt seen a set of 12's in elixirs. you could try ernie ball not so slinky strings 12-56, but im not a big fan of their tone.
the downfall of UG...........

Quote by obey_yourmaster
Who the heck is Ronnie James Dio? I vote Bruce
!

im new to this what do the numbers mean?? it would help if you gave me a name and a link or something so i can find it because i dont know what the numbers are...
i just got two sets (but one get one free!) of Ernie Ball Skinny Top/Heavy Bottom earlier today and they sound amazing. i recommend them. if you want to play metal i also suggest barb wire.
Founder of the Cereal Star Avatar Club
the number is the strings diameter. the lower the number the thinner the string. usually your high e string is the one they describe a pack as. in example, daddario xl (xtra light ) strings have the high e diameter of 9. so in essence 8, 9, 10, are lighter and good for bends and produce a slightly brighter trebly tone, while 11, 12, 13, are thick and are very good for heavy metal, riffrockers etc, and have a very bassy thick sound. (which is a plus for drop tunings like you asked) so i would suggest some thicker strings if you want to do more drop tunings. experiment until you find some strings you like.
jackson dinky build!

do you live in a country?

pics dude or a vid of you trying to say 'bananaramapancake'
so it comes out brabrabrabwabwa

^about when i came home from the dentist and my face was numb from novacaine.
Quote by Stimpomatic
i uses elixir 11-49. they feel great in standard and should be ok to anything as low as drop B. if you want to go lower than that you will have to use 12's and i havnt seen a set of 12's in elixirs. you could try ernie ball not so slinky strings 12-56, but im not a big fan of their tone.

They do make a 12-52 set, of nanowebs. I had them on all of my guitars, but Im switching to Slinky 10s, because I made the switch from drop C tuning to standard. They are just way to tight in standard. I can barely do full step bends.
10-52s..

best goddamn things...

played them in drop b tunings alot...they havent let me down yet..haha
Quote by mista cricket

Passive pickups? Are there such a thing as aggressive pickup s?

Quote by guitarman015
What is theory?