Alright, this is what I need...I've been searching for a guitar that I will be using for heavy metal and such, if you could look at these specs and give me a reccomendation I'd appreciate it!!

Non-V shaped
Mahogany Body
EMG 81 / 85 Active set
Rosewood freboard of course
Fret marker pearl inlays are important
24 Frets or good access
Decent build quality...I don't want it to fall apart...
Not too shiney, don't want scratches to show up
Can tune to drop D or below without problems
Price tag of under $900 US Dollars.

I haven't decided if I want a Floyd Rose or not yet...I use the whammy on my HSS strat ALOT and cant really see me playing without one...but I hear some really bad things about string changes and intonation problems on floyd rose tremolo systems, I'll play a few and see if the feel is worth the extra maintanance.

Any links to specific guitars that you reccomend?

Thanks in advance!
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
sounds like the specs for a schecter hellraiser FR.

this particular one is a 7 string.. but they do have em in 6's and a floyd rose option
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Last edited by Kivarenn82 at Aug 11, 2007,
As to floyd roses, Intonation you pretty much have to do once, which can take, if youve never done it, about 2.5 hours. If you have, think under half that probably. String changing isn't that hard unless you are changing tunings or string gages a lot, in which case you have to adjust the spring tension of the bridge, but you have to do that on any whammy. It takes a bit longer to get the tuning set though.
Quote by Kivarenn82
sounds like the specs for a schecter hellraiser FR.

this particular one is a 7 string.. but they do have em in 6's and a floyd rose option

Thats one good looking guitar. Thats comes in an FR too? Hmm..
-Jim Morrison
Drop D or drop D standard?
Cause if its just drop D I think you can get something called a "d-tuner" to put on the low E string saddle of a Floyd so you can switch to Drop D quick.
I Think
Quote by rockr09
Drop D or drop D standard?
Cause if its just drop D I think you can get something called a "d-tuner" to put on the low E string saddle of a Floyd so you can switch to Drop D quick.
I Think

Drop D standard, for me. I can tune guitars pretty quick so theres no problems there.
-Jim Morrison