Do they make any SG's with Floyd Roses? I would kill to have one.
yes they do. i think called like an sg-90 or sg z. something around that
There is so much free time in college.
Thus I procrastinate.
Thus I get better at Guitar.
They're discontinued
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
Not that I'm aware of, though I've been pondering whether to buy a Maestro tremelo off of a parts site and attach it to my SG... a floyd rose would require extensive body routing and a replacement bridge system, but practically all you have to do with a maestro is screw it on to the body.
Quote by Altoidwithmelon
Hambonicus, that was epic with a side of win

98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.

Proud member of the "I don't believe in global warming clan".
I've heard its very difficult to get one installed because the body is so thin. idk about the discontinued model.
Jackson Soloist SL-3
Squire Strat
Crate XT120R
Marshall JH-1 Jackhammer
Dunlop Crybaby
Epiphone G-400 Extreme and the ESP Travis Miguel Sig
Quote by dookie_dude_
Then go in a Fall Out Boy mosh pit. There much safer considering there only 13 year old girls in it.
^Thats not a floyd rose, I think its a bigsby.
Correct me if I'm wrong.
Quote by Metalocalypse54
I've heard its very difficult to get one installed because the body is so thin. idk about the discontinued model.

hmm, I'm not sure about that. If ibanez can fit one on the guitar herman li uses I dont see why not an SG.

Quote by rockr09
^Thats not a floyd rose, I think its a bigsby.
Correct me if I'm wrong.

corrected it's a lyre vibrola.

EDIT| ok TS I've looked around (google ) and apparantly it's not often done because it would rob a lot of the original tone and sustain and also the headstocks on SG's are infamousely weak so fitting the locking nut could easily break the headstock.
Quote by Nosferatu Man

T-shirts are a sign of degeneration and decline.
Last edited by leeb rocks at Aug 12, 2007,
Quote by Slash_metal
Esp Travis Miguel(I think) Signature has one right ?
That guy from Atreyu's signature guitar xD

I don't like their music, but those guys do have taste in guitars IMO.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Quote by leeb rocks
hmm, I'm not sure about that. If ibanez can fit one on the guitar herman li uses I dont see why not an SG.

corrected it's a lyre vibrola.

EDIT| ok TS I've looked around (google ) and apparantly it's not often done because it would rob a lot of the original tone and sustain and also the headstocks on SG's are infamousely weak so fitting the locking nut could easily break the headstock.

The trem on the Ibanez S series is a ZR, which is an Ibanez design which Gibson wouldn't be allowed to use.

The bodies of SGs are too thin. I think there were some FR SGs in the 80s or something, but they were supposedly rubbish.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Eddie van Halen tried to do it, his SG snapped on stage back in the day. I would'nt recommend it, unless you wanna try a kahler trem, probably closest you get via the Gibson, Epiphone range. Atreyu has the yellow Signature model and yeah basically alot of great replies already G400 Extreme (gothic looking model) and discontinued models etc. SG's are NOT ugly, they are still an industry benchmark of shapes along with the Les Paul, Double Cutaway, ML, Flying V, Explorer, Strat, Super Strat etc. If you don't like em leave em, don't flame aye. We are here to help not express opinions on the guitar, read the topic. -___-''