A while ago, I replaced the jack in my telecaster. When I put the new one in, the guitar started buzzing really loudly. It makes me think that I have a grounding problem, but I checked the solder joints and they seem to be good. The oly thing I touched was the jack. Can anyone help?
Sure. Recheck your work. You either connected the wires to the wrong terminals of the new jack, or you broke a wire or wires going elsewhere.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
My money is on you having wired the jack up backwards - try changing it around and see if it stops.
^ Ye, that sounds like the problem, i did something similar recently
Quote by Lukeisonfire
tool and opeth definitly dont play tube amps . You cant get those distorted sounds out of it. tube is for like beatles stuff right?

Quote by evilbeaver22
You're right, just about the only thing better than a Spider 3 is an MG : )

I changed the wiring on the jack and it worked finally. What threw me off was that I guess the first time I did it right, but the volume knob must have been turned down, so there wasn't any sound. I guess the only way to learn is to do it wrong the first time (and maybe the second and third).
Some people say: "Get it right the first time."

I say: "Get it right ... eventually."

Thanks for getting back to us, with the results. We're happy for you.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Yeah, thanks for all the help. You guys saved me from rewiring my guitar (again).