I'm not sure if this is in the right section to post this, but honestly I don't really care right now.

My band pretty much just broke up, right as it was going great.

It started like this.

I had been on vacation for a few weeks. I come back and we all start jamming and writing more material together. But just recently I start talking to another guitarist in my band (w have 3 but we switch off on keyboard so it works out) and he says they're kicking me out because I don't match their style. We had been kind of metal but they wanted to go more alternative. I tell him this is ridiculous because:
1. I was ok with playing any style really.
2. I had just come back from vacation and no one had told me they wanted to change style (originally they had wanted to be metal too)

He said jamming with me just didn't click anymore for him (note: we have been jamming together for 2 years just fine). So I told him, this is because no one told me we were changing style. After long debate he realized he had, quote "been way off base" and said he had been wrong. Then the bassist messages me and we talk and he says how the styles didn't match, which is ironic since i like a ridiculous diverse bands and i listened to most of what everyone in the band listens to individually. Ironically, what I listen to matches up better to every member of the band than they do to each other, if that makes sense. He said it seems that I am strictly metal. I point that of my 5 favorite bands only 2 are metal.

So then they decide they were wrong and that I can stay.

Suddenly, the guitarist who first messaged me says, he's quitting! This is terrible because:
1. I am really good friends with him and I have a great time jamming with him.
2. If he quits, the other guitarist most definitely will, and so will the drummer because he's only really doing it as a favor to my friend although I'm friends with him too. If the drummer quits, the bassist will lose interest because he was only ever interested in jamming when the drummer was there.

So, he says he's quitting because he keeps changing his mind on how he wants the band to go. He thinks its forced, which I don't think at all. He just doesn't think he could work it out in any band because he keeps changing his mind.

I'm really frustrated right now. Sorry that it's such a long post, but if you could offer any helpful advice, I'd really appreciate it.
Relationship thread

EDIT: Call those guys fags for going alternative and form the most brutal, anal-ripping death band imaginable.
Quote by brendan666
Relationship thread

EDIT: Call those guys fags for going alternative and form the most brutal, anal-ripping death band imaginable.

Maybe you're just wants to kick you out for some other reason. Maybe you're too controlling or not good enough?

Try to get everybody together and talk this out.
Quote by paulvxD

Maybe you're just wants to kick you out for some other reason. Maybe you're too controlling or not good enough?

Or on second thought, maybe you weren't a closeted homosexual like the rest of your band turned out to be. They kicked you out because they knew you would refuse to wear pink and sing love songs to get free bun-glides.
Quote by brendan666
Relationship thread

Ironically, we all hate death metal. But the thing is I don't mind going alternative. I love alternative.

Quote by paulvxD

I'm not controlling, and they didn't end up kicking me out. I'm pretty laid back. In fact, the guy who quit was the one who controlled most of it.
Quote by brendan666
Or on second thought, maybe you weren't a closeted homosexual like the rest of your band turned out to be. They kicked you out because they knew you would refuse to wear pink and sing love songs to get free bun-glides.

But they didn't kick me out. I'm still in. Just another guy quit, which will cause a chain reaction to it all disolving.

Quote by Alterationsgtrs
start a better band.

1. There isn't many more people to start a band with.
2. These guys are my best friends, we were friends since before we started playing instruments.
Quote by jpx52
Ironically, we all hate death metal. But the thing is I don't mind going alternative. I love alternative.

I'm not controlling, and they didn't end up kicking me out. I'm pretty laid back. In fact, the guy who quit was the one who controlled most of it.

Here's the story with my latest band

5 guys
me (guitar)
ciro (drums)
david (vocals)
james (guitar)
esau (bass)

We all got together. After 2 weeks or so David, James, and Esau (who I have been in a band with before) decided to kick me out.
Before I am kicked out my drummer Ciro plans to stick with me and leave the band once I am kicked out (Our drummer Ciro is a friend of James'). After I am kicked out Ciro leaves and tells me they wanted to kicked me out because I was controlling.

I didn't think I was controlled at all. I was just trying to get everybody together and stop fooling around during band practices. Apparently, they thought I was trying to boss them around.

idk dude
Quote by jpx52

Well show up to your next band's practice in a schoolgirl outfit and you should be just fine.
Quote by brendan666
Well show up to your next band's practice in a schoolgirl outfit and you should be just fine.

You're not helping the TS at all
Quote by paulvxD
Here's the story with my latest band

5 guys
me (guitar)
ciro (drums)
david (vocals)
james (guitar)
esau (bass)

We all got together. After 2 weeks or so David, James, and Esau (who I have been in a band with before) decided to kick me out.
Before I am kicked out my drummer Ciro plans to stick with me and leave the band once I am kicked out (Our drummer Ciro is a friend of James'). After I am kicked out Ciro leaves and tells me they wanted to kicked me out because I was controlling.

I didn't think I was controlled at all. I was just trying to get everybody together and stop fooling around during band practices. Apparently, they thought I was trying to boss them around.

idk dude

That's not how it is though because I don't say much and I just do what I'm supposed to.

And the fact is, I'm still in the band. Once we worked out the style problem, they were all fine with me. We just hadn't been on the same page.

But now since the other guitarist who was pretty much band leader quit because he keeps changing his mind on how he wants to do things, everything is gonna fall apart.