Page 1 of 2
So, I've just got to tell someone about this, but I can't tell my friends or family and I don't write in a diary so I thought I might as well tell UG about why I now hate going on buses at night.

Okay, so let me set the scene. I was with my friends on the bus going back to a station, sitting in a half-comatose state and not speaking as I was extremely tired. An elderly person gets on a decides to sit next to me. I had no problem with that, I even offered my seat to him so he could have more room. About one stop from where I was getting off I make a simple comment about something to my friends and the old man tells me to shut up. Personally I think that was out of order because I had been more or less silent the whole time he was on the bus. But what happens next is worse than that.

So, I got off that bus and left my friends and got on my next bus and then onto the bus that I take to get back to my house. The stop after I got on my last bus, 2 men, both, I assumed, in their mid-40's got on. I was standing by the exit door of the bus and they both passed me to get to the back seat which was fine because I tend to let people sit down instead of me because I'm just a kid. The bus pulled in to one of the major stops on the route and a load of people got off. One of the men got up and moved seats to a free double seat and I noticed there was some room at the back so I decided to sit down as I had been on my feet for about 3/4s of the day. I got to a seat and it was the seat next to the seat opposite one of the men. A man and his girlfriend/wife got on and sat either side of the man, which meant one of them was opposite me, and the man offered to switch seats with the one of the couple. Unfortunately for me he switched with the one that was sitting opposite me. I'm naturally a shy person and tend to move as far away from people as possible and today was no exception. I tried to get away from the man by sitting as upright as possible. Now, what I have forgotten to mention is that earlier I had heard that man talk about me to the other man like commenting on the way I was dressed (I had been out to a show earlier so I was wearing all black and stuff and I was out early in the morning and hadn't been home to change so I was wearing 2 tops as I anticipated it to be chilly that morning) but I thought nothing of it. So back to the story, my knee must have accidentally brushed his knee and he proceeded by telling me that if it happened again he would rip my neck off my body. So I got up, kinda panicked and walked towards the door, past his friend who gave me a dirty look. Personally, I think they were looking for a fight. So, I got off at the next stop, even though I had to go up a long, dangerous hill. So I ran as fast I could to the next stop (dumb move, I know, but all I wanted to do was get home without getting beat up or killed). At the next stop I slowed my pace and let the bus I was on pass trying to blend in with the night. This did not work. The stop after that, the men must have got off because I saw them at the stop checking the buses for me (I know this because they didn't actually get on any bus, they just surveyed the bottom deck). Now, as soon as I saw them I literally straight up bolted it to the other side of the road. to try and get past that way. Now, by this time, I was in quite a state. I had even started crying a little but no one actually took any notice of me. I basically tried to figure out what to do and eventually figured that if they were only checking on the bottom deck of the bus I would sit on the top deck.

I spent about 5 minutes trying to get on a bus that looked safe and eventually got on it and drove past the stop where they were and legged it down my road to my door. Outside my door, in the road, was a white van with a man sitting in it, looking at my door or the door next to mine. I thought that was pretty odd as it was gone midnight by now. I hurried to open the door and locked it as fast as I could and ran up stairs and locked my front door and went through the formalities I do when I go to bed. Before I went to bed, I checked and saw the van was still there but it drove off after a few seconds. While i was lying in bed I heard lots of strange noises coming from downstairs and after the night I had had so far I thought the worse and grabbed a weight lifting pole from under my bed and put it on my bedside table.

There ends my tale of trauma. What do you guys think? What would you have done in my situation? Anything similar happen to you guys? Sorry if that was a bit long winded, I just needed to tell someone in detail.
Quote by GodofGuitar1991
you are a real guitarist when you are not ashamed about masturbating to musicians friend magazine.
Last edited by goth clash at Aug 12, 2007,
That never happened to me. But it sounds pretty freaky. Why would they stalk you?

My Youtube Page

I wrote this story so many days ago
and the words kept falling onto pages.
Without the loss we can't go on
and with the loss we became strong.

well personally, wen the old guy told me to stfu i would either pushed him off the seat or just down right knocked him out, about the other 2 guys i probly woulda done the same tho lol. 2v1 dont work.
we all know it takes a REAL man to hate some one BETTER THAN YOU
yes, deff sounds like they were looking for a fight.

all the REAL freaks come out at night.
Quote by zwart_gitaar

Dismemberment gives me an erection!
maybe they were just trying to scare you?
i was chased by a man in a car when i was ten, and i ran all the way to
the police lol i was that scared.
Rap --- Greenday

"life floats in a moving stream and you have
to move with it or it leaves you."
Quote by ItWillDo
That never happened to me. But it sounds pretty freaky. Why would they stalk you?

I'm not quite sure. I think they were just looking for a fight. Picking on a 17 year old kid (I look a lot younger than that. I've been told I look as young as 14 or 13 before) is pretty out of order for a couple of guys in their 40's, in my opinion.
Quote by GodofGuitar1991
you are a real guitarist when you are not ashamed about masturbating to musicians friend magazine.
Where do you live? I couldn't imagine that happening around here. Why would someone just randomly turn on you for no reason? It's not like you did anything to them right?
Quote by Napalmdeth
should have shown male dominance by ripping his head off first

+1
Quote by zwart_gitaar

Quote by Castlebravo
Where do you live? I couldn't imagine that happening around here. Why would someone just randomly turn on you for no reason? It's not like you did anything to them right?

This all happened in Brixton (Bad area of London). I seriously didn't do anything to them. All I did was sit down. I am a very polite person in general and don't like to get in to stuff like this as I do not have the strength for it.
Quote by GodofGuitar1991
Things are not listed. How big where the guys? Looked like they might have weapons?

Do a nut punch/kick combo on the two and run screaming into the night. They'll be hurt and will probably think you're crazy anyway and leave you alone.

Or like...kill you...but hey, what's life without a little risk eH?
All Hail! The Kala-Kala Chieftain!
How did they know where you live?

Because you said that tere was a white van outside you're house.....but you never talked to them... :S
Quote by CodySG
Things are not listed. How big where the guys? Looked like they might have weapons?

They were about average build but they must have been on something or drunk (smelled strongly of booze and something else). I think they might have been carrying weapons but I'm not sure. I would imagine they were round my area.

EDIT: To the guy above, I think the white van outside my house was a different thing in hindsight, but I was rather paranoid at the time so I was to assumed the worst.
Quote by GodofGuitar1991
I woulda gone Ryu Hybusa on their asses

Fender Strat
Alexi Laiho ESP

Quote by Doolittle
one time i masturbated into a pumpkins. needless to say
PWNED

Follower of the UG Faith, PM me to join!
I would've done the same as you, I'm also a shy person and dont really like to be next to/talk to people.
uhhhh, yea
Honestly, I probably wouldn't have freaked out...but I mean, I wouldn't Bruce Lee them either.

You did the right thing probably. I'm a pretty built guy, with self defense experiance so I can handle myself well, but playing it safe is the best thing to do in situations like this.

Good on ya mate

*pats on back and gives cookie*
Brixton... Im surprised you actually managed to get home in one piece.

If Im ever down there, Im in my car. I would never get on public transport down there. Its a crap hole.
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
I'm always nervous on buses, I panic badly and forget to press the stop button. I ended up in birmingham one time, I was meant to go the opposite way. The worst part is asking to borrow a mobile because everyone thinks your going to rob it, I end up with watery eyes and going into a random shop to use the phone.

I'd of done what you done in that situation.
Quote by azza6
Darren you rock.

Quote by 7DaySkeptic
You win sir

Join the only "REAL" Stratocaster Group here

Free Fender Strat here!
Aw, I think you just need a big hug.

They were probably the run of the mill assholes you think it's fun to intimidate people who would have no chance against them when drunk/stoned. I can hardly blame you for having a bar next to you, I would still be lying in some bushes trying not to breath incase they found me.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
woah that sounds sit scary. its scary enough getting stalked or threatend in broad daylight, let alone night time. Me and eggy always get the same old **** about cuting our hair from chavs on buses at night.

but that is wierd. For similar reasons, i sleep with a swor on the wall and a foot long two inch thick pice of slate undermy bed.
It's Bill Gates TS...he's sent his goons to steal your brain.

I was followed home two years ago...I was walking with two of my mates at first and this car sped up and then stopped on the other side of the road and the lady in it was looking at us...I didn't think to bad of it so I let it out of my mind, but when I got to my house the same car sped and and stopped on the other side of the road...I noticed the lady again and she was staring daggers at me. I turned around and was ready to confront her but she drove off.

I was so afraid that I might do something really stupid if I walked up to her car.

Why would someone drive like that and stare at you ffs?
_________

Hate it when I'm out at night aswell, walk into some toilets and see 5 guys in there doing nothing at all...You just think they're about to whoop yo azz.
yo.

I BELIEVE
Call the ****ing cops and notify your parents would be the first thing in my mind

or get some trust worthy adults...

Jeez use some common sense
Unlucky. At most of the shopping centres at night, if anyone says anything about emos about 10 emos come out of the shadows and say something along the lines of "You wanna say that again ****?", and they usually don't, so I feel pretty safe about buses around here.
I thought I was a big man until the doctor told me I really do have a third leg
People don't tend to think with common sense in times of panic.

Late at night, bad side of town, two guys trying to hurt you.

Most people wouldn't be able to step back and say "Now how should I handle this in a calm, sensable way...Hmmm" most would just be like "Double T Eff mate!!! AAAHHHHHH!!!!"
Dude grow a pair.
I get that al the time on buses and trains coming home and stuff, you just don't make eye contact and stuff AND YOU DON'T BOLT LIKE A WILD RABBIT WHEN THEY THREATEN YOU. You stand your ground. They probably thought you were an easy victim as you said "I'm quite shy as a person"

When on a bus or train, i just put my headphones in and stare out the window, or sit by my friends.

EDIT: Brixton?...Sheesh, now i understand why you bolted.
Last edited by Moggan13 at Aug 12, 2007,
Again...it's NOT that easy...

He also said that he's kind of small. What if they really DID try to do something? How is he going to "grow a pair" then?
Quote by Moggan13
Dude grow a pair.

When on a bus or train, i just put my headphones in and stare out the window, or sit by my friends.

i use headphones on busses. so much easier then getting paranoid
Just made a MogEdit.

But yeah, i agree, they might have been looking for a ruckus, or just for a little fun. You say you look young? It makes you look like an easy target.
I was leaving a local gig once and me and my mate got on a bus home, we just got off the bus when some kids from upstairs started throwing bottles and stuff from the top of the bus and the driver went up and sorted them out or he got mauled.
Quote by goth clash
This all happened in Brixton (Bad area of London). I seriously didn't do anything to them. All I did was sit down. I am a very polite person in general and don't like to get in to stuff like this as I do not have the strength for it.

I really wish you hadn't said that. I'm going there on the 22nd to see tool and the trains aren't working and I have to get the bus replacment service. i'm not looking forward to that.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
The problem is that your a puss. If this had been my story it would have gone until the guy starts talking ****. It would have said, "I brush his knee and he said,"if you touch me again I'm going to rip your neck o-*i headbut guy in the teeth*" And then I would probably spend the night in jail. Atleast in the states, I don't know how it works in great britain.
Quote by goth clash

I am not afraid to admit that I'm almost constantly on the alert/nervous when travelling through Brixton at night..Thornton Heath as well its been getting pretty dangerous as well lately O_o Those guys were just being dickheads though...you shouldn't have run off the bus though...

Quote by jambi_mantra
I really wish you hadn't said that. I'm going there on the 22nd to see tool and the trains aren't working and I have to get the bus replacment service. i'm not looking forward to that.

Shouldn't be too bad though cos there will be tons of tool people with you on the bus after the gig...its ok after gigs cos you're in a group that will likely give you a hand if you're in a spot of trouble.
Last edited by Miasma909 at Aug 12, 2007,
you options:

1. shoryusen
2. spinning kick
3. do a barrel roll
4. all of the above
5. none of the above, doing what you did.

you picked 5. since i assume you're not a street fighter, it was the best you could have done. remember, alot of people pick on "goths" or people they think are goths, for no reason at all. especially if they were around 40, they were definately a lot stronger than you, they outnumbered you, and it was late so if worst came to worst you would have had noone to help you. you did the right thing.

i need to get myself a weightlifting pole.
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Aug 12, 2007,
Quote by Miasma909

Shouldn't be too bad though cos there will be tons of tool people with you on the bus after the gig...its ok after gigs cos you're in a group that will likely give you a hand if you're in a spot of trouble.

Yea that's what I was thinking. I've come back from there before just never on a bus. I always have to leave early coz it takes like an hour and a half to get home. And the last train is at like 10 past 12, so i have to leave early. Blows.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
weightlifting pole = brut4l weapon.

i'd hate to fight myself if i was wielding one of those.
Quote by zwart_gitaar

Quote by 6079 Smith W
The problem is that your a puss. If this had been my story it would have gone until the guy starts talking ****. It would have said, "I brush his knee and he said,"if you touch me again I'm going to rip your neck o-*i headbut guy in the teeth*" And then I would probably spend the night in jail. Atleast in the states, I don't know how it works in great britain.

Yeah...I'm sure

If this had been YOUR story it would have gone until the guy starts talking ****. It would have said, "I brush his knee and he said,"if you touch me again I'm going to rip your neck o-*i headbut guy in the teeth...then the other guy stabs me and they both procede to beat the crap out of me..."

Get over yourself. You can play it safe, or fight. Since he doesn't know how to dissarm a person and what not, he did the right thing.
Quote by CodySG
Yeah...I'm sure

If this had been YOUR story it would have gone until the guy starts talking ****. It would have said, "I brush his knee and he said,"if you touch me again I'm going to rip your neck o-*i headbut guy in the teeth...then the other guy stabs me and they both procede to beat the crap out of me..."

Get over yourself. You can play it safe, or fight. Since he doesn't know how to dissarm a person and what not, he did the right thing.

On a bus? I guess i don't know what buses are like in great britain either if I can get stabbed and beaten on one.

And actually I probably would get stabbed. I have a bad temper. I know it's going to get me into trouble some day.
Page 1 of 2