well, here's the story...

I ordered a guitar case from musiciansfriend.com about two months ago and its been on backorder since I ordered it. then recently I received a package from them containing a new acoustic guitar, which I did not order. I have emailed them multiple times about for the past two weeks and they don't seem to care, so I've decided I'm just going to keep it, so I was wondering if it was a nice guitar. It is Fender Sonoran. here is a picture http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/8778/untitledsg8.png Is this a nice acoustic guitar?
fender is not particularly known for its acoustics, but hey, its free.
'59 Bassman Reissue
Custom Strat
Custom McCarty
Custom OM
Big Muff Pi
Dunlop Wah
Id say its a pretty descent acoustic. you cant go wrong with a fender. just keep it. you lucky duck...
♫♪♪♫♪♪♫♪♪♫♪♪♫♪♪♫♪♪

Quote by Rune Playaz
I vote thycrusader for 'The guy who hit the nail on the head'

Quote by Emilyyy.
thycrusader = Thigh_Crusader
Did you get the case you wanted? Coz if you didnt its not really free is it? it looks different to all the lower end models ive seen nice headstock too
Put it on eBay and order another case, lol.

Bodacious Bob

Schecter Omen 7 Extreme
Ibanez RGR08LTD BK
Behringer TU-100
EHX Metal Muff
Boss MT-2
GLX EQ-100
Marshall VS15

Quote by tpot06
Bodacious bob wins all.
Quote by BodaciousBob
Put it on eBay and order another case, lol.

lmfao +69
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
Those guitars are based on the old California series Fender acoustics from the 60s. I haven't ever played one of these new remakes, but a buddy of mine has one of the original California series guitars and it sounds awesome. I can't remember the model name of it, but it wasn't a Sonoran I don't think. I want to say it starts with a C. So I'm not sure how these new remakes are, but I'm a fan of the original California series guitars.

Anyway, I guess if MF won't contact you about the mixup, I'd just keep the guitar for now. I don't think I'd sell it just in case they do contact you about it in the near future. You don't want to end up having to pay for the guitar.

So did you ever get the case?
That's funny. If it plays alright I'd say you scored.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
A check of reviews shows that of 12 people who have played it on Musicians Friend it gets a 5 out of 5 which is pretty good. I have found these reviews to be pretty accurate.

Sounds like a pretty decent guitar.
Alright, sounds like a sweet deal, and to answer everyones question, no, I did not get the guitar case I wanted, however the case was only 80$ and the order form from inside the box says the guitar was 249.99$ so I figure it was a good deal either way.
honest mistakes happen. the only thing in question here, is your honesty. i like to think as musicians, we hold ourselves to a higher standard. a phone call to MF is in order here. just my 2 cents.
Quote by 83lespaulstudio
honest mistakes happen. the only thing in question here, is your honesty. i like to think as musicians, we hold ourselves to a higher standard. a phone call to MF is in order here. just my 2 cents.

He already contacted MF twice. He pretty much deserves that free guitar with all that honesty.

Let's hope that isn't someone else's guitar that you just scored. Two possibilities: MF sent you the guitar instead of the case; MF sent you the guitar and someone else the case.
I find Fender acoustics kind of yucky, but hey, it's free
Maybe later someone will make a thread about how he order a Fender acoustic guitar on MF but received instead a case.
Besides being a guitar player, I'm a big fan of the guitar. I love that damn instrument. Steve Vai

Gear:
Kramer Striker FR422SM
Roland Microcube
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm picks

MY VIDEOS
Having worked in customer service for a large company (ftd.com), a phone call is definietly in order. When I worked for them we would get tens of thousands of emails a day, and they don't get to them that often. Its pretty dishonest in my opinion not to take 10 minutes and call them especially since we're talking couple hundred dollars.

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
Dude I love Fender Sonorans. One of those guitar's I've been gasing for. And you get one for free?? Life is so unfair :'(
Fender Standard Telecaster
Peavey Envoy 110
Boss DS-1 EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone Behringer DD400 Digital Delay
Digitech Bad Monkey
Quote by roamingbard13
Having worked in customer service for a large company (ftd.com), a phone call is definietly in order. When I worked for them we would get tens of thousands of emails a day, and they don't get to them that often. Its pretty dishonest in my opinion not to take 10 minutes and call them especially since we're talking couple hundred dollars.

He already called.
My gear:
-No Brand Classical Guitar
-Squier Stratocaster Affinity Series
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Boss GT-8
-Boss DS-1
-Roland Cube 60

FREE TACOS!!!
Legally, you are entitled to anything that you receive in your mail, and seeing as how you've already tried to contact them without reply, I'd say it's all yours. Just depends on your morals and. . . . stuff like that if you care.

Good luck !
Hi!

Sig Retired.
Quote by El Cumanés
Maybe later someone will make a thread about how he order a Fender acoustic guitar on MF but received instead a case.

LAWL.

They'll send you a bill for that acoustic in like...a month. With your case
It dont matter how you got it or who's mistake it is if you didnt pay for it it is called stealing & someone in Music Friend will have the job of going through all the reciepts & mathing them to orders in a month or so (when their accounting programe tells them to) then they will send you a bill for it & supply you with the correct thing you ordered. If you want to keep it ring them & have a rant about how hopeless they are etc (not suppling the correct thing) & ask how much you are going to get off the case you ordered. Simply say to them I'm not paying the return post on the item incorrectly sent to you, if they want it to send someone to pick it up. Gauranteed no one will ever come. I have a Legend Nylon accoustic/elec that i scored EXACTLY this way. I ordered a cheap steel string (Magnum) & recieved a nylon accoustic. They sent me my new one & told me not to worry about the other nylon. Cool so im still buying guitars off them. OH & it wasnt Music Friend
Richard

Veni Vidi Vici

Head Drug Tester of Australians FTWclub
PM the_random_hero for entry

Prime Minister of the UG archtop acoustic players club,
PM Keef_is_King
to join!
Quote by Dix_Fix
it is called stealing

if he got it in the mail, that means he didn't steal it.
Sorry but it doesnt matter how he got it even if you find it it is still stealing. Check with your local authorities if in doubt. When you find something it & dont make a reasonable attempt to get the item to the owner it is called 'stealing by finding'. Defrauding a company who has made an error is still stealing. There may even be an infringement on the postal dept because you are seen to be using them for the theft. Check if in doubt. But i would say a phone call is a reasonable attempt to set the records straight, especially when he is in here talking about it. I dont want to come accross a being heavy it is just the information I saw posted was in my humble opinion , missguided. I hope he gets to keep it it looks like a better guitar any day than the case he ordered LOL
Richard

Veni Vidi Vici

PM Keef_is_King
to join!
^^I'll say it again for those hard of hearing or poor reading skills ^^ Nayr303 I would keep it to. but to say it is not his fault , your kidding yourself , i.e. he knows he didnt order it he knows the company is in error & he knows he ripping them off , what part do you see as not bieng his fault. The only thing that he had no controll over (i.e.not his fault) is how it got to him, after it landed at his door he has made a concious decision (at some point to rip them off). The problem is he entered into a legal agreement with the seller, the seller made an error so now it is up to him to make the next move.
Richard

Veni Vidi Vici

PM Keef_is_King
to join!
Quote by Dix_Fix
^^I'll say it again for those hard of hearing or poor reading skills ^^ Nayr303 I would keep it to. but to say it is not his fault , your kidding yourself , i.e. he knows he didnt order it he knows the company is in error & he knows he ripping them off , what part do you see as not bieng his fault. The only thing that he had no controll over (i.e.not his fault) is how it got to him, after it landed at his door he has made a concious decision (at some point to rip them off). The problem is he entered into a legal agreement with the seller, the seller made an error so now it is up to him to make the next move.

He did. He emailed them multiple times over the past two weeks with limited, or no response. If he keeps up this regimen for a month, I say it's his. The fact is, he made his move, and now it's up to them. Oh, and calm down.
Yes thats a fair point & if it were me I would be arguing exactly that if it becomes needed. I would definatly try to keep it if it were me but im making sure he knows the liabilities as well thats all , im no saint & am very calm.
Richard

Veni Vidi Vici

PM Keef_is_King
to join!
If that was a martin then i wouldnt haven even contacted MF because martins are the best
When the sun falls the moon rises...

My attempt at art lasted for an instant and then faded like a candle without oil...

When i get around to making more candles hopefully my art will return in a perfect form that all can appreciate.
one of my friends once ordered a mexican strat off of MF, and recieved an american one instead at the same price as the mex. he tried contacting Mf for days through emails and phonecalls and really got no answer. he has the guitar for 2 years and still no extra bill was sent to him. so i think your in the clear haha, obviously Mf dont really care about there shipping errors and that their losing money lol.