AT THE SAME TIME

how do i go about learning this? ican sing and play wild thing, but then again, i think everyone else can too. what are some things i should practice in order to achieve my goal of playing and singing.
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
just practice i guess. i just learn the rythem well enough to the point where i don't have to think about playing
GO Islanders!

J!E!T!S! JETS JETS JETS!!!!!
i agree with sketchy.. you have to know what you're playing inside out, backwards, upside down, and blindfolded in the dark while riding a horse. practice makes perfect.

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
any song suggestions?
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
well its good to start off with really simple, 3 or 4 chord stuff. this helps you get a feel for playing and singing at the same time. (this is why god gave us blink 182, lol) actually now that i think about it, All The Small things. its only three chords (i think) and most, if not all, of the chord changes happen in between lines, so its easy to sing and play

Quote by Scumbag1792
Quote by 742627000017
Nirvana

+1.

Green Day has some pretty good sounding riffs too *don't shoot me*.

Just learn any song from a band who's guitarist is also their singer.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
the riff from howie day - collide is pretty simple. You can also learn Youre Beautiful - James Blunt at the same time, its the same progression
bright eyes and death cab are pretty good bands for learning on as well.
GO Islanders!

J!E!T!S! JETS JETS JETS!!!!!
You could start by learning how to use the search bar?

I specifically remember replying to a thread I saw about this subject a few weeks ago.

Infact there is a thread on the exact same subject active RIGHT NOW in the electric guitar forums.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Last edited by Absent Mind at Aug 12, 2007,
it sounds dumb but it really helped me, put one song on and sing a different one do the same thing on guitar i swear it helps
R.I.P. Casey Calvert
Call me Kevin
Quote by Iowahardcore
it sounds dumb but it really helped me, put one song on and sing a different one do the same thing on guitar i swear it helps

each to his own

nirvana is very very good for starting. It helped me, for example about a girl. Choose an easy song that you like
This is gonna sound so long but...

what I did was...
first, learn to play "Buck Rogers" by Feeder. It's so simple, an idiot like me can sing it and still it will sound orgasmic. But it'll get you into the feel of playing and singing.
secondly...when you're playing a song that you're not too confident about playing...keep on playing it, and kinda..."sing along" with it in your mind, so you know where the words would be when you play a certain chord etc. Then slowly start singing it bit by bit.

But I'd concur with all the other replies, and that is..practice makes perfect ^_^
Quote by Iowahardcore

Yea so do I

I guess it helps with the beat or something
first song i learned to sing and play at the same time was enter sandman by metallica, it's not that hard, you should try it!
LTD DV8-R
Peavey Triple XXX
LTD EC-50
Quote by -xCaMRocKx-
well its good to start off with really simple, 3 or 4 chord stuff. this helps you get a feel for playing and singing at the same time. (this is why god gave us blink 182, lol) actually now that i think about it, All The Small things. its only three chords (i think) and most, if not all, of the chord changes happen in between lines, so its easy to sing and play

actually a good song that you can learn by Blink182 is Dammit, its pretty easy to sing.
My Gear
Ltd Alexi-600 with a Seymour Duncan Blackout!
Jackson Dinky
Dean DBDT ML
Epiphone Sg
Crate 15 Watt amp

X-Brawn of the Mighty Autobots PM Kankuro to Join
make sure you know how to play the song without thinking about it, and just start singing the words.. It worked for me to hum first, then sing when I had the rhythm down. It just takes practice.
"We are not concerned with motive, with higher ethics. We are concerned only with cutting down crime-."
Play punk, then you don't need to be able to play OR sing properly.
Super Leeds and Classy Cas!
Quote by metallinutter
each to his own

nirvana is very very good for starting. It helped me, for example about a girl. Choose an easy song that you like

+100

that's a great song for this kind of thing
Quote by GreenDayChris
Play punk, then you don't need to be able to play OR sing properly.

hehe... +1

Quote by Scumbag1792
Ok this worked for me...

When your playing, open up a magazine or a book and starting reading anything while your playing.

Then eventually start reading outloud.

Then after that, start having conversations while playing, so your mind isnt consentrating on the guitar.

This is gonna sound retarded but hear me out...Your sub-consious needs to know the muscle movements in your hands and it needs to know the song well enough so you dont have to think (use your regular consious) while playing the song.

But also, like others have said, this means practice practice practice.

Hope that didnt sound too retarded... Good luck anyway.
I just kinda got it straight away to be honest. Sorry to those who struggled...............
www.myspace.com/theoncefuturekings

Let me know what ya think!

MUFC

And it'll haunt you, my honey bee,
anyone who's anyone has had that same dream,
where you're falling, or where you're flying,
or were you calling out, or were you dying?
teh beatles

Quote by WinterMadness76
Just about anything that has the word "core" or "grind" in it is guaranteed to suck 100%. I think I could make better music if I held a pick between my asscheeks and strummed.

Quote by Chickenparts
WOOT!!!!!

ASSCORE!!!!!!!!
A great way to do this is by a techique i call the looking down the cross pose.......all you do is look down at your guitar while playing and singing...and look at the crowd sometimes but your guitar more...