Hey, Ive never really had this problem before with floyd rose. When i am restringing my jackson king v i cant get it all to tune without a string breaking. and the bridge doesnt stay in the level position. im thinking its the gage of strings im using now, but im not sure. i used to use GHS Boomers 10 gauge, ive recently switched to 11's. also, with this guitar im tuning the guitar to Eb (half step down from A440). Im pretty sure its the gauge of strings because when tuning to D standard on other guitars, the bridge rests perfectly. any thoughts?
Have you set up the springs at the back properly?
Also I'd expect string breakage if the saddles/nut aren't smooth as the tension would make the strings rub against any rough edges. get some nut sauce and try it out
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
wait, you can't string gauges on a floyd rose without a set up job (i.e. readjusting the springs, checking the saddles, checking the truss rod). and if you ever change tunings, you have to do that too. quite frankly i think floyd roses are a big pain in the ass, but they just sound so AWESOME...plus i'm a dimebag derrell freak...yeah...i <3 harmonics.
Quote by megaslayer87
ive never adjusted springs on a floyd rose. what should i try?

well, tighten the screws at the back for the floyd rose claw till the bridge is level.
If its tightened all the way and the bridge is still raised up, then add more springs at the back and repeat the process.

BTW, everytime you tighten the screws, do a little bit at a time and retune often so you don't overshoot.
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350