yeh so my bands bassist randomly left the band and so we're trying to find a new one. have u guys got any tips on how to find a decent bassist in my area

thanks
booo.....

did i scare you???
Quote by Treazon
yeh so my bands bassist randomly left the band and so we're trying to find a new one. have u guys got any tips on how to find a decent bassist in my area

thanks

so i guess you no now how much bassists are needed and they should be treated better.
EQUIPMENT:
Squire P-bass - d'addario EXL230
Fender rumble 15
Epiphone Thunder Bird Reverse IV - Ernie ball super slinky
Vibe V-40b
Jerzey Acoustic bass - d'addario EXL190
KORG AX10B Bass Modeling signal Processor
Russian Big Muff
post adds around the place for a new bassist....
in music stores, around your school, on the internet....

someone should reply back to you...

and
Quote by zamok
so i guess you no now how much bassists are needed and they should be treated better.

+1 to that!
even though i'm not a bassist... i know how important bassists are for making good music!
Last edited by af_the_fragile at Aug 12, 2007,
Quote by zamok

we always treated her the same as the rest of us, and we all of us allready knew how much a bassist is needed. she quit because of a change in music taste and not having enough time for practice and gigs so she felt like she was holding us back.
booo.....

did i scare you???
aah, you had a girl bassist....
i wont say anything more bout that then!!!

To find a new bassist, as i said before... looks around your friends and you local music scene if there's any bassists who wanna join a band...
Post adds on the internet, local music stors, school, where you can think of...
You should find one somewhere sometime soon...
Shouldn't be too tough..
Quote by Treazon
we always treated her the same as the rest of us, and we all of us allready knew how much a bassist is needed. she quit because of a change in music taste and not having enough time for practice and gigs so she felt like she was holding us back.

Well then the only thing you can do realy is get out there and look for a bassist as, apparently, you are already doing.

Listened to your myspace, you remind me of someone i know.
i wish the bassist in my band would quit... he's terrible. no musical talent AT ALL. he has never played any instrument but we just gave him a bass and prayed, since he would mostly be playing root notes.
okay cheers guys we were thinking of putting some posters or somethng around swindon town centre saying to check out myspace and that we need a new bassist if anyones interested message us or email us. so yeah would that be a good idea
booo.....

did i scare you???
Quote by Mikeizzle
i wish the bassist in my band would quit... he's terrible. no musical talent AT ALL. he has never played any instrument but we just gave him a bass and prayed, since he would mostly be playing root notes.

Kick him? Actually, deal with it.

Just giving someone an instrument, and saying "you're in the band" isn't generally a good idea. You did it you deal with it

Quote by Treazon
okay cheers guys we were thinking of putting some posters or somethng around swindon town centre saying to check out myspace and that we need a new bassist if anyones interested message us or email us. so yeah would that be a good idea

I don't think the town center is so much of a good idea. All the music shops near me have boards for people to advertise if their band needs people. Any places like that near you?

Its a better idea to stick your adds in places where bassists are likely to gather rather than just shot gunning them across the place.
Last edited by rizo299 at Aug 12, 2007,