hey, i was thinking of buying a Ibanez ARX320, i play mostly Melodeath/Metalcore/Power Metal, and i was wondering weather i should (if i decide to buy it) put either Dimarzio Evolution or Tone Zone pickups into it?

I play this through a Line 6 Spider II (i know, its not great lol)
Quote by Fraserwatt
hey, i was thinking of buying a Ibanez ARX320, i play mostly Melodeath/Metalcore/Power Metal, and i was wondering weather i should (if i decide to buy it) put either Dimarzio Evolution or Tone Zone pickups into it?

I play this through a Line 6 Spider II (i know, its not great lol)

Your amp is more important than your guitar.

Upgrade your amp first.. especially because you have a Spider II.

Go with Roland Cube or Vox if you don't want to pay a lot.

Ibanezes aren't exactly MADE for metal... if you really want a metal guitar, go for ESP, Schecter, or Jackson.
Quote by i_baked_cookies

Ibanezes aren't exactly MADE for metal... if you really want a metal guitar, go for ESP, Schecter, or Jackson.

+1
Unless your guitar plays absolutely horribly, it's always the amp you want to go for.
Quote by i_baked_cookies

RG models sure are.
Quote by Oligarchy
SGRocker0791 and Raijin.xiii are ass holes in case anyone was wondering.

Quote by jimmyjimjim
try not to be such a dick

Quote by jdotp
thanks to the ignorant prick
No, not really. That's just their marketing scheme. RGs are great for any genre.
I'm a communist. Really.
thanks for the help, are there any amps which would suit bedroom practice, and then eventually work in gigs, i was thinking mesa boogie, but i wasnt wanting to spend the sort of prices they are going for. hoping to spend 400ish, but i would go higher if i needed to.

also what are the pros and cons for combo amps as opposed to head&cabs?

Many Thanks,
Fraser