Page 1 of 2
i know im going to get flamed for this and this threads probably going to get closed, but i just listened to as i lay dyings 2 new songs on their myspace.. and i have to say, they dont sound a bit like metalcore, except the singing in the chorus' but other than that, its got a completely new sound... i didnt want to post this in the hardcore forum because i wanted real metal heads opinions, not a bunch of emo's..

www.myspace.com/asilaydying
Quote by MedicreDemon
Metalheads aren't assholes.

It's the damn Blues fans.

Quote by Stimpomatic
one of my friends wouldnt let me play turok 2 for the n64 with him so i threw my controller at the back of his head and hit him pretty hard.

haha
dude, wanna tell us which ones are the new ones? top 2 maybe?

Edit: too many breakdowns and blast-beats......it's still hardcore
The new AILD songs are great yeah. I like their older stuf to. I dont mind metal core as long as its good. The new songs are abit different from metal core yeah.
i dunno, doesnt sound like the typical music that a metalcore band would make,.. and blastbeats are a crucial part of any type of metal.. be it metalcore, grind, or black.. or anything..
Quote by MedicreDemon

Quote by Stimpomatic
one of my friends wouldnt let me play turok 2 for the n64 with him so i threw my controller at the back of his head and hit him pretty hard.

haha
That sounds alot better than their old stuff, there still is some breakdowns however, yet it is kickass. They did what Job For A Cowboy did, new album alot less hardcore than their older ones.
Quote by larrytheguitar

I put the blanket over me and make my knees into a 'tent' so he couldn't see my boner. I jizzed while he gave me a lecture on using coasters.

BETWEEN THE BURIED AND ME IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
you only say its metalcore because its as i lay dying, but if that was their first release, i dont think they would classify as metalcore
Quote by MedicreDemon

Quote by Stimpomatic

haha
Quote by saga_7
if that was their first release, i dont think they would classify as metalcore

They would.
Within Destruction doesn't sound metalcore at all, but An Ocean Between Us does (not that much though).
Still Metalcore, Not quite as generic.

Quote by TheIronPriest
But the band is still called "As I Lay Dying". It doesn't get much more pussy/emo than that.

Lol Cute.

As I Lay Dying are not emo bud, They're metalcore. If you can't wrap your pathetic closed mind around it that that they're two very different genres then that's your problem.
Quote by Cobain_is_king

Seth: 1
A7X: 0
Quote by frozen-dirt
Within Destruction doesn't sound metalcore at all, but An Ocean Between Us does (not that much though).

Yeah thats what i was gonna say, Within Destruction has a Thrash feel to it.
.(....\................/....)
. \....\............. /..../
...\....\.........../..../
....\..../´¯.l.¯`\..../
..../... l....l....(¯ `\
...l......l....l.....\....\
...l......l´¯.l´¯.l \....\
...\......` ¯..¯ ´......?
....\__________.?
Well the songs are more "metalized" and much better than the old stuff, but i dunno. whatever.
Read my post. Not this.
Quote by saga_7
i dunno, doesnt sound like the typical music that a metalcore band would make,.. and blastbeats are a crucial part of any type of metal.. be it metalcore, grind, or black.. or anything..

d00d omg! Black Sabbath and Iron Maiden have t3h coolests blasts!!!!!!!!1shift+one!11
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Thrash and metalcore do not mix imo. The singing on the choruses is also annoying. I actually liked their last album but not this and not their first two.
Thrash metal and metalcore mix quite well, in fact the earliest metalcore bands derived their metal influence almost entirely from thrash metal bands. I'm pretty sure the suckage has to do with AILD being made of phail.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Im a fan of their previous works, their change in direction will be good or so they think because they are going away from the trend that they ultimately helped create. They claim this new album is going to be the most diverse album of their's todate. by looking at the two new songs, it looks like that is entirely possible, and then some. if the rest of the songs are completely different as these two are, i believe the album is going to dissapoint and most likley completely lack any direction whatsoever. the first song was good, nice and thrashy. if they kept the thrash direction, at least they would have put out a decent, consistent thrash record.
¤¤¤¤¤ ۩ ۝РЄŦĤ ۩ ¤¤¤¤¤
۩ ВŁĄÇĶŴĄŦЄŖ РĄŖĶ ۩

Quote by deadskinmask
I think you should listen to Bodom_Shredder7.

Quote by xolax
Listen to Bodom_Shredder, he knows what hes talking about

Quote by Alucard II
Bodom Shredder was right

SevenLastWordsOfChrist
Metalcore... Love the tunes though a sweet band.
Quote by IbanezSA160a
Ug's Drunken Irishman prevails over existence once again +All UG'S Point to you my drunken irish friend.

Black/Folk Metal
Quote by HeavenlyVirus
dude, wanna tell us which ones are the new ones? top 2 maybe?

Edit: too many breakdowns and blast-beats......it's still hardcore

Yes because if any band has those they're not metal Seriously I'm sick of those comments I see, I hear blast beats in eveytype of music. Breakdowns, I think most bands have at least one. And who cares if theirs one in every song. Thats like saying theirs a solo in every song, it must be thrash or whatever.

But honestly I don't like this band, but I could care less of what forum it belonged too. I think that if a band releases an album that changes they're classification they should be put into what forum that it belongs in.

On another note, I think the new Job for a Cowboy is straight up death metal. But others thought that them going from hardcore/deathcore just to death metal didn't change the genre they're put into.
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

I'm MAD about Black Metal. Ask me about Church Burnings.
the genre seperation enforced here is sometimes more of a fan-base stereotype segregation.
Quote by BlkGuitarRedCar
I am glad to see that you hate everyone and not just Christians.
Quote by Ungero
the genre seperation enforced here is sometimes more of a fan-base stereotype segregation.

QFT, sadly it is something like this.

Pretty good stuff nontheless. Within Destruction is definitely very thrashy.
Quote by Twist of fate
Aliens can invade us. Apparently you've never heard of pearl harbor

Last edited by mike130 at Aug 12, 2007,
Quote by CaptainOfSmug
Yes because if any band has those they're not metal Seriously I'm sick of those comments I see, I hear blast beats in eveytype of music. Breakdowns, I think most bands have at least one. And who cares if theirs one in every song. Thats like saying theirs a solo in every song, it must be thrash or whatever.

But honestly I don't like this band, but I could care less of what forum it belonged too. I think that if a band releases an album that changes they're classification they should be put into what forum that it belongs in.

On another note, I think the new Job for a Cowboy is straight up death metal. But others thought that them going from hardcore/deathcore just to death metal didn't change the genre they're put into.
QFT x454684564569609867450968423198719943157
Kein Engel kommt um euch zu rächen...

Quote by Spynal
I think I speak for the entire metal forum when I say it is an absolute HONOR to have you on these forums Mr. Vikernes.
Quote by saga_7
... i didnt want to post this in the hardcore forum because i wanted real metal heads opinions, not a bunch of emo's..

What the hell is this? The people over at the hardcore forum could analyze just as well, if not better then the people here (no offence to the metal forum). In case you didn't know there has already been a couple of threads in the hardcore forum about the news songs. Most people agreed, they're still metalcore, and they're still lame (opinion).

So please don't call them "a bunch of emos" dick.
Quote by STABxYOU
Thrash metal and metalcore mix quite well...

Shadows Fall is the perfect example for that statement. They started as melodeath, then thrash, now they're still thrash with a heavy metalcore influence, but it's all awesome. I just hope that Shad's next CD is less metalcore just like AILD's too b/c each of their cd's has been less metal and more metalcore. If u like AILD u'd prolly like SF.
If you see me in the pit, know that I'm only there because the metal forum is moving slowly.
Quote by Sn^ke

i think nebarskan is a cool guy, eh wears a nile and doesnt afraid of anything

Quote by stanleybach
Aren't you proud to wear that Nile? You don't afraid of anything man!
^ I was more thinking early metalcore like Converge and Earth Crisis. How for most part they took most of the elements of late 80s hardcore and thrash and mixed it with thrash metal and death metal elements, but differently then earlier crossover thrash.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Yeah, Faulkner is really emo.

>.>

EDIT: Oh, excuse me. I was just reading up on AILD's Wiki and read the little 'Not related to Faulkner thing' when I realized, "Oh, but of course! They're all little metalcore skater fags! I doubt they'd know literature if it bit them on the ass!"

I apologize for my grave error.
Quote by gilly_90
Hi, I'm looking for some fruit, I can't decide between apples and oranges.
Which one is better?
Thanks
Last edited by Shining_Yrael at Aug 12, 2007,
Quote by nebraskan
Shadows Fall is the perfect example for that statement. They started as melodeath, then thrash, now they're still thrash with a heavy metalcore influence, but it's all awesome. I just hope that Shad's next CD is less metalcore just like AILD's too b/c each of their cd's has been less metal and more metalcore. If u like AILD u'd prolly like SF.

+ 1.
Quote by Cobain_is_king

Seth: 1
A7X: 0
Quote by Shining_Yrael
Yeah, Faulkner is really emo.

>.>

EDIT: Oh, excuse me. I was just reading up on AILD's Wiki and read the little 'Not related to Faulkner thing' when I realized, "Oh, but of course! They're all little metalcore skater fags! I doubt they'd know literature if it bit them on the ass!"

I apologize for my grave error.

aw, i had a bit of respect for them too when i thought their band was named after faulkner's novel

Oh and I don't know how JFAC is anything but death metal now.
Last edited by Sinten at Aug 13, 2007,
Quote by nebraskan
Shadows Fall is the terrible example for that statement. They started as metalcore, then metalcore, now they're still metalcore with a heavy metalcore influence, but it's all generic and overdone.

Fixed.
^

As for AILD, I've never been a fan and I'm still not a fan. Obviously they realize that metalcore is losing some degree popularity as a lot of metalcore bands are changing genres in one way or another. (i.e. JFAC, trivium, these guys)

As far as I'm concerned, these bands need to stop trying to be 'true' or whatever the hell they're doing. Just play whatever you want to play, and stop making crappy thrash albums.
Quote by onebetter
:

As far as I'm concerned, these bands need to stop trying to be 'true' or whatever the hell they're doing. Just play whatever you want to play, and stop making crappy thrash albums.

Quoted for severe, severe truth.
'Thine Eyes Bleed':

Quote by CSguitarvocal
More like... Thine Butthole Bleeds... from all the gay sex you have!!! Ahahaha!

Quote by Butt Rayge
Fuck off already, you fucking faggot fuck.

amidoinitrite?

Quote by DeAd-RiP
I don't care for slipknot unless I'm so drunk I don't care about anything.
Quote by saga_7
you only say its metalcore because its as i lay dying, but if that was their first release, i dont think they would classify as metalcore

I've never heard of them before and I'd call them metalcore from listening to the top 2. so rofl@u
Originally posted by Novaworld
Smiddys right...
Quote by matt85210
Quoted for severe, severe truth.

As far as Job for a cowboy is concerned, I'm pretty sure they were heading for a more metal sound since the beginning, despite what is/isn't popular. You can see a progression between their demo and Doom already, and then an even bigger one between Doom and Genesis.
+1
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

I'm MAD about Black Metal. Ask me about Church Burnings.
more metal than it used to be, but it still is metalcore. An Ocean between us has the gay metalcore breakdown (breakdown? it's the chorus and is repeated throughout half of the song).

It just doesn't have the balls that metal has.
I'm entitled to double post, so fück off!!!
Quote by onebetter
^

As for AILD, I've never been a fan and I'm still not a fan. Obviously they realize that metalcore is losing some degree popularity as a lot of metalcore bands are changing genres in one way or another. (i.e. JFAC, trivium, these guys)

Well, in AILD's case, they changed their sound because they were sick of the way they (and other metalcore bands) were always repeating themselves, so they made an effort to try a new sound to avoid that repetitiveness. It wasn't an issue of popularity.

Or, at least, that's what they said.
Page 1 of 2