Please guys help me get some plexi-ish sounds out of my JCM 800. I don't think it should be too hard seeing how JCM 800's circuits and Plexi's circuits are very similar (right?).

Anyway I really want a Led Zeppelin or Hendrix tone out of my JCM 800. It is a 4010 by the way.

I have a MIM strat but I mainly play an EPI LP with an EMG 81 in the bridge.

PLEASE HELP GUYS!!! I need Page, Hendrix, Cream type sounds.
well the 81 may not be the best choice for bands like that. But are you using any pedals and what type of JCM 800 is it?
Yup, my first bit of advice would be to ditch the actives and get some decent passives in there.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
For replacement pick ups i would maybe go with Gibsons or Seymor Duncan (I think those are fairly good for that genre, but i dont really play those bands alo so...who knows)
See I originally got the EMG because I was using a fender blues JR. I was feeling like I needed more gain so someone recommended an EMG to overdrive the tubes more and a bit faster. I dont really think I like it though. I am going to look around to see if someone will trade me their gibson pick up for my emg.

Oh well. Anyway It is a 4010 82' single channel with the master volume. And I dont use any pedals. Guitar Straight into the amp. I will have a weber mass attenuator coming in tomorrow too by the way.
Something like Duncan Pearly Gates would be nice, however that might struggle a bit if you want tight, high-gain metal tones. However, if you're mainly just looking for more vintage and classic-rock type sounds then the Peary Gates will be great. If you want something that will cope with the higher gain sounds better then look at the Duncan Custom Custom or Dimarzio Norton.

Don't bother with Gibson pickups, nothing wrong with them but they cost way too much.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

I never play metal so the pearly gates I guess would be exactly what I am looking for.

Ok so the pickup question is solved. now, what else do I need to do to make my jcm 800 sound more vintage

EQ'ing help would be nice.....
I'm surprised anyone advised you to put EMGs through a Fender amp to squeeze a bit of extra gain. However, I know someone who has EMGs in a strat and who plays through a Vox AC30. It sounds really good, tbh.
Quote by gotarheelz14
I never play metal so the pearly gates I guess would be exactly what I am looking for.

Ok so the pickup question is solved. now, what else do I need to do to make my jcm 800 sound more vintage

EQ'ing help would be nice.....

Loads of mids, not so much gain, more volume.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

I have the gain on like 4 and the master pretty low (this will be solved tomorrow when I receive my attenuator), the treble is on like 7 the middle 9 or 8 the bass pretty high and the presence around 3

If I wanted say a Led Zeppelin tone how would you go about adjusting this
Try rolling the guitar volume off a bit to calm down the 81.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

alright thanks for all the advice seagull, guys

It is really starting to sound like it now
Crank the amp to get lots of power amp OD, then maybe back the bridge pickup's volume off.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
yeah, get a big muff, it'll thicken up your sound.
My Gear:
Fender 60th Anniversary Standard Strat
Vox AD30VT
Big Muff Pi.