Uuh, maybe this has been done before, if that, I'm sorry.

But I really need to know.. Atm I own a ESP Eclipse 500s, or 2005.. looks the same though. http://www.guitarshop.net/esp/ec2005.jpg

And I love it, sounds good, comfortable and everything. I wouldn't know if its a good shredd guitar because I cant shredd, I'm not there yet. I'm still new, although I am learning, and practicing alot, looking forward to it.. And therefor I need to know if it really does make that much a difference If i own a ESP, or lets say an Ibanez RG? I hear those are pretty well known for shredd guitars..

If its not suited for shredd, then I would love to hear what you guys think of it besides that, the ESP Eclipse.
It doesn't matter what type of guitar, may it be a Jackson RR or Ibanez RG/JEM/JS. It is personal preference, if you like what you have now, feeling comfy and so on with it then it would be better to stick with it rather than buying something.

Of course it doesn't hurt to know it yourself if you really want to know if you may or may not like other brands. Just try all of the guitars you can on a store.
it doesn't matter, Buckethead shred on a Les Paul, Malmsteen on a Stratocaster

It's a question of personnal taste and feeling, if you like the feeling of your axe, then you're fine!
MY GEARS:
Ibanez S520EX
Fender American Stratocaster
Epiphone Les Paul w/ Killswitch
Fender 12-string Acoustic
Fender Champion300 (to be changed soon to a Tube Amp)
Ibanez TS-9 Overdrive pedal
Boss PW-10 pedal
Things that would generally help with shredding.
- slim neck
- slippery neck
- decent set up
- thin strings (.12 or less)
- new strings
My Gear

Guitar
DEAN Razorback Shards
Wesley crappy cheap thing

Amps
Cheap Crappy Freedom Practice AMP 15watts
VOX AD50 Valtronix
id say not much, although it is probably easier for most people to shred on a RG rather than a LP or something
PS: its shred, not shredd
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Quote by jigy-i-joe
Things that would generally help with shredding.
- slim neck
- slippery neck
- decent set up
- thin strings (.12 or less)
- new strings

+1

And maybe 24 frets.
Yeah the main thing that shredders like is the thin neck - an example of why the RG and etc are popular

But that's not to say thats steadfast - Buckethead does use a les paul after all but im pretty sure its modded