How can i get a kurt cobain sound?
and i dont want people sayin y wood u want his sound hes **** or get ur own sound.
GODS
Nirvana, Zeppelin, Foos

Gear
Epiphone SG
Epiphone EJ200 Acoustic
Marshall Amp
Metal Muff Distorion pedal.

The Buddha Of Zepplinism. PM TheHeartbreaker to join.
yea, that website will help u, also try typing in Kurt Cobain amp settings" into google, that has helped be with finding the right sound
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Quote by HeavenlyVirus
run it through a dog **** pedal

go to bed. now.

I guess brand wise, kurt only seemed to use boss pedals, fender guitars and mesa amps.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
Quote by SkirvyCOBHC
How can i get a kurt cobain sound?
and i dont want people sayin y wood u want his sound hes **** or get ur own sound.

LRN2SPELL NOOB.
This should be:
Quote by SkirvyCOBHC
Hello guys, i was recently interested in kurt cobains tone, and i was wondering, how could i get close to duplicating it? Please dont flame me.

Anyways, go to that site that the people above linked, or else theres a friendly website called GOOGLE
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
your a jackass
GODS
Nirvana, Zeppelin, Foos

Gear
Epiphone SG
Epiphone EJ200 Acoustic
Marshall Amp
Metal Muff Distorion pedal.

The Buddha Of Zepplinism. PM TheHeartbreaker to join.
BOSS DS-2
Bridge Humbucker

That's pretty much all you need. the DS2 pretty much nails it.
Quote by kool98769
LRN2SPELL NOOB.
This should be:

Anyways, go to that site that the people above linked, or else theres a friendly website called GOOGLE

grammar is not important on forums ffs. i mean you understood what he meant. you should be sent to bed with no supper too.

EDIT: guy above me - yeah that nails it for most songs, but to be more accurate you'd need a twangy sounding guitar (i.e. a mustang or a strat), but you also want a single coil neck pickup sound for songs like all apologies, so guitar wise i'd probably recommend a HSS strat (i know he usually uses mustangs, but he also used strats quite often too).
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
Last edited by Blompcube at Aug 12, 2007,
you don't need any effects except for chorus, and if you have that built into your amp than you're set. all you do, is turn the chorus up to a pretty high amount, bass at around 5, treble at 7 and mids at 9. that's what i do, and it sounds great.
Well, i hear that towards the end (In utero i guess) he used the Sans Amp more.

Still related...How would i go about getting the clean sound, and dirty sound, in Frances Farmer?
Quote by kool98769
LRN2SPELL NOOB.
This should be:

"Hello guys, i was recently interested in kurt cobain's tone, and i was wondering, how could i get close to duplicating it? Please don't flame me."

Sounds like you need a few lessons yourself. Whoever said search google, +1 to you. That would have been the first thing I would have done.
damn some of you guys are huge grammar nazis
the guy just asked for kurt's tone, not an english lesson
Quote by munchydoodle323
damn some of you guys are huge grammar nazis
the guy just asked for kurt's tone, not an english lesson

amen
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
I'm not usually a grammar Nazi, I'm just a grammar Nazi to other grammar Nazis that can't spell. IMO I was in the thread starters defense.