Hi, Im looking for an electric guitar with good pickups and a good tremolo. My limit is $500 exactly and im really digging for a Superstrat. Any suggestions? A good trem is a must, I can deal with mediocre pups. Im just sick of Licensed Floyds. Thanks!
i think ltd makes a guitar with an OFR and active EMGs hold on and i'll look it up
my gear: ibanez destroyer( with gibson 500t pickup), epiphone les paul plus,ampeg electric, marshall jcm2000 triple super lead half stack
I would say the RG1570 sounds about right, although it may be a bit over budget. You could look at the Washburn X-40 pro of w/e it is with the duncans and Schaller trem, or you can try and find a used schecter hellraiser when they issued them with OFR's.

Although there is the Ibanez S series with the ZR trem....(which is amazing) but it may need a pickup swap in due course.
Quote by hmmm_de_hum

Although there is the Ibanez S series with the ZR trem....(which is amazing) but it may need a pickup swap in due course.

+1, unless you NEED 24, go with the S
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
yep ibanez s (or possibly rg) will fit the bill
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20
Ibanez, dude. If I was you I'd get an S or an RG1570. If you can, try to get a used Prestige series, cuz while the trem is TECHNICALLY a FR licensed, Ibanez has done some serious mods and they are better than a Floyd Rose original in my opinion.
Quote by DimebagRIP93
Ibanez, dude. If I was you I'd get an S or an RG1570. If you can, try to get a used Prestige series, cuz while the trem is TECHNICALLY a FR licensed, Ibanez has done some serious mods and they are better than a Floyd Rose original in my opinion.

God no. Have you ever tried a real OFR equipped guitar?

Those Ibanez trems (ZR, EDGEIII, EDGEII, Lo-PRO EDGE) fall apart sooner or later. I've had a few jobs replacing a broken ZR.

And the OFRs? The one in my baretta has been in constant use for the last 30 years, and it's still in great condition.
Quote by bakk
Hi,
I have been pickin' up some Arabic radio signal things. Every time I turn up my Amp, this crazy Imam starts messing up my chords.

Proud owner of a 1987 Kramer Baretta I w/ spider Guitart.
actually, the Lo-Pro Edge bridge is renowned as one of the best bridges ever made. maybe your thinking about the Lo-Trs bridges they were putting on low end axes in the 90s?

but still, OFR > Ibanez bridges.
Quote by cheames
actually, the Lo-Pro Edge bridge is renowned as one of the best bridges ever made. maybe your thinking about the Lo-Trs bridges they were putting on low end axes in the 90s?

but still, OFR > Ibanez bridges.

I was actually refering to both, but my stoner brain mixed it all up and mashed into one thing.

It's not really all that good. I mean, yeah, it's not bad, very good for an LFR, but still... one of the best bridges ever? No. Just plain no.
Quote by bakk
Hi,
I have been pickin' up some Arabic radio signal things. Every time I turn up my Amp, this crazy Imam starts messing up my chords.

Proud owner of a 1987 Kramer Baretta I w/ spider Guitart.