I play grunge and alternative/real punk

i.e nirvana,alice in chains,foo fighters,black flag,sex pistols

i need a new electric for it

any model suggestions?

i need something for about $450

just a guitar no amps or anything

PLEASE NO GIBSONS !
What about Epiphone? A Les Paul 100 is only $250, and those are supposed to be really good.
Quote by musicianamedave
I tell them that I'm happy with my current church, the church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Then I ask them if they would like to be touched by his noodly appendage.

Quote by filthandfury

YES.
Like a russian doll, with balls.

I love The Pit.
Or just a standard Fender Strat.
Quote by musicianamedave
I tell them that I'm happy with my current church, the church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Then I ask them if they would like to be touched by his noodly appendage.

Quote by filthandfury

YES.
Like a russian doll, with balls.

I love The Pit.
so you have a gig coming up...and no guitar? how do you practice...but ok...how about go to a guitar store and try some out, so you know what you want and not what we want you to want.
Find some cheap beat up second hand guitar. Nothing more punk than that
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
so you have a gig coming up...and no guitar? how do you practice

i have a beat up,rusted yamaha erg 121 and i want something better lol
epiphone les pauls are really good i have one and i play the stuff as u and works great but i also suggest getting a digitech grunge pedal unless u have something better mine was only like 50 bucks
Gear
Epiphone Black Les Paul Standard with gold Grover tuners
Fender Mexican Electric Blue Stratocaster
Line 6 Spider Jam
Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble
Boss CS-1 Compression/Sustainer
Dude, just out of curiosity, where do you live? Cz I know someone called Saad who plays that kinda stuff and has an old Yamaha ERG121 <3 XxxxX
Quote by GreenDayChris
You're playing punk, you can use owt.

+1, indeed!
Just grab pretty much anything with a neck that suits you.
I don't either...yet. I'm moving there in a month. But still, answer the question, where exactly do you live? Cz if you're the Saad I know, you be getting a major flaming in real life Lol. <3 XxxxX
Get a strat. Seriously.
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
wouldnt a telecaster be better? cause thats what somebody told me

anyways,i was wondering if john fruciante's guitar (RHCP) would do me any good? ive always had my eye on it