Page 1 of 3
What is you're mentality towards police? I personally hate most of um'. Humans are creatures of fallacy and because of such, we do indeed need some form of an authority figure (IE the police, deity, parents ETC.) to keep us under control, but the fallacy is applied to every human, no matter you're position in society. Most people get egos when placed in a powerful position and a lot of the time, that person in the powerful position can get more reckless then the people he controls.
I'm gonna drive all night, take some speed. I'm gonna wait for the sun to shine down on me. I cut a hole in my roof in the shape of a heart snf I' goin' out west where they'll appreciate me"

Click this if you like men!
I have no problem with them because i got over the whole "adolescent rebellion" thing.
Mixed feelings really, they seem to have some of there priorities wrong but I guess I couldn't do any better.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
most of the cops i've met were pretty cool ppl even though i was in trouble.
Gear
Epiphone Black Les Paul Standard with gold Grover tuners
Fender Mexican Electric Blue Stratocaster
Line 6 Spider Jam
Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble
Boss CS-1 Compression/Sustainer
Quote by Draken
I have no problem with them because i got over the whole "adolescent rebellion" thing.

There you go.

They can get annoying with their damned speeding tickets but either than that they are capable of their job.
I don't much care about them, but the only time I see them anywhere near where I live is on sunny days when they want to fart about with a speed trap.
Lazy f*ckers.
No problem really I hate people who are liek yEA we dont need no police ,nigga wtf is wrong with them I was stabbin this dude and they came and arrested me! what a bunch of assholes!!!! The only problem I would have is some laws that are dumb.They are only doing their jobs this obviously excludes dirty cops
So what happened to you that made you hate the police?
Quote by BGrem261
You are a very loving and smart carton of fries...

THE BOSS of the
Official Metal Gear and Metal Gear Solid Group

Click to join
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
when enough rednecks start talking about how awesome it is, that's when it's defined as classic rock.
Quote by Draken

+1
Veteran UGer. Suck it.
Quote by caught22

Cavity search?
depends if they are a good cop that does their job well or the type that will give you a hard time for no reason.

Jack my swag
They serve a purpose, I don't mind. Some of them are arrogant pricks that like to throw their weight around for the fun of it though, but you get people like that anyway.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by caught22

Seeing random acts of police brutality, against people who were doing nothing to physically harm the cop. ****, its like we have ****ing thugs for the police. Personally, I always get on to for my physical apperance and questing their conservative, close minded logic.
Plus, I don't hate all the cops. Just the prime majority. This might be cos' I'm in Alabama, but ****, I dunno'.
I'm gonna drive all night, take some speed. I'm gonna wait for the sun to shine down on me. I cut a hole in my roof in the shape of a heart snf I' goin' out west where they'll appreciate me"

They don't bother me. My mum worked for them for a while, and they were nice dudes. But there are some who are absolute idiots and I can't stand them.

Quote by Joshrocker48
Airport security.

Now thats something to complain about.

Airport security is the biggest joke ever. I had a bottle of mouthwash and some razor blades in my bag that I forgot about, and they never even found them.
Get off my lawn.
Quote by MightyAl
Cavity search?

I see...

I don't have a problem with them really. the few times i've been in trouble with them they were pretty cool about it, but different town town different cops I suppose.
Quote by BGrem261
You are a very loving and smart carton of fries...

THE BOSS of the
Official Metal Gear and Metal Gear Solid Group

Click to join
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
when enough rednecks start talking about how awesome it is, that's when it's defined as classic rock.
Quote by Joshrocker48
Airport security.

they got james hetfeild in trouble for his "taliban-like" beard

Jack my swag
Quote by Joshrocker48
Airport security.

XD Those guys are some ****ing lazy ****s...and when their not lazy, the overly presistant. Plus, they ****ing made millions upon millions HAVE to joke about their cliche experience at the air port.

I try to avoid bad encounters with them. But yes, as they say, power corrupts. Some of them let it get to their head, others realize that it's a job and their responsibility is to help the people, not to beat them down and keep them in line. And it really depends on the area you live in.
Quote by Draken

Well said. I have no reason whatsoever to dislike them.
Quote by gopherthegreat

I'm sure that was just an excuse. The real reason was probably St Anger.
Quote by gopherthegreat

They got me in trouble because I bought my little cousin a tiny squirt gun.

They confiscated it and now they check me every time I go through.
Quote by MightyAl
I'm sure that was just an excuse. The real reason was probably St Anger.

they were still pissed, eh?

i hope the new album is better.

Jack my swag
Quote by Draken

+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000...
I think the only reason that most of the people on here "hate" the police is because the media only focuses on the bad, not the good. Dumbasses.

I-I

I----------------I

TheOneAndOnlyIsaac

Some police might be a little power crazy, but without them our society would be ****. And most police officers are nice, trust me I've met a bunch.
We spent a lifetime on the
Beaches of Normandy in vain

Quote by poopsmith666
oooh look at me, i'm clincher, internet tough guy

Quote by theBaartMan
When Nostradamus predicted badassery, he spoke of clincher09.

<//////> ~

UG's NIN fan club
I did Work Ex at the Police HQ, so I have great respect for them. Its a tough job after all.
Because footstools are cool UG's Classical Guitarists
pm Confusius or Marmoseti to join
Quote by clincher09
but without them our society would be ****.

Yeah, and without criminals society would be great. What's your point?

There's always going to be an authority figure, so there is no "without them" scenario.

edit:
And no, I'm not a rebel. I do sincerely believe that police officers are much better than I am or any of you at making judgment calls in certain situations, but some of them can be a little thick.
Haha, I just happen to be listening to KRS One's Sound of Da Police right now.

WOOP WOOP!
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
I don't have a problem with them in principle. There are good cops and bad cops. I have more problems with the law's that they enforce, but it's their job to do it.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
Quote by zwart_gitaar
Seeing random acts of police brutality, against people who were doing nothing to physically harm the cop. ****, its like we have ****ing thugs for the police. Personally, I always get on to for my physical apperance and questing their conservative, close minded logic.
Plus, I don't hate all the cops. Just the prime majority. This might be cos' I'm in Alabama, but ****, I dunno'.

So because you saw someone do a random act of brutality you hatethe mojority of cops? As if one will speak for the actions of every single cop out there. This is like the whole "Mexicans are outraged" thread. Just because one person does something doesnt mean everyone else is like that.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Most cops are lazy and corrupt. They're bullies. They harass innocent people just because they can. At least that's been my experience. I've never had any personal conflict with them, but I've seen them be total dicks. They once came and shut down a local concert for no reason. And they go out of their way to try and catch kids on some ridiculous charge. Minorities, poor people, and kids get abused by the cops more than anyone.
I've never had to deal with the police so I don't have a problem with them.
Quote by DaveMustaine08
Quote by puppetmaster917
I think white people are better than black people.
While this statement is kinda racist and straightforward, it does have many FACTS to back it up lolz.

Quote by Zardokk
Most cops are lazy and corrupt. They're bullies. They harass innocent people just because they can. At least that's been my experience. I've never had any personal conflict with them, but I've seen them be total dicks. They once came and shut down a local concert for no reason. And they go out of their way to try and catch kids on some ridiculous charge. Minorities, poor people, and kids get abused by the cops more than anyone.

So you are supporting "Guilty by assciation"? You are judging the whole by the one? That is exactly what the media does. Great.

I-I

I----------------I

TheOneAndOnlyIsaac

They've done nothing to me that wasn't fair. I've never met a bad cop actually...

I think it has a lot to do with where you live.
Hate the Polish police, I've always hated them and I always will.

****ers bust down your door at 5 in the morning, put a gun to your head and search your house for weed. And if they find it.. BAM! 1-5 years in prison, depending on the amount.

Plus, they are assholes.

EDIT: This actually happened to our bassist, idiots had to pay for the door. They found nada, we smoked everything a few days beforehand.

EDIT2: Believe me, the MO 20 years ago wasnt better. I hated them a little less, though.
Those guys were at least intelligent, and you could tak to them without gettint hit in the head with a ****ing baton.
Quote by bakk
Hi,
I have been pickin' up some Arabic radio signal things. Every time I turn up my Amp, this crazy Imam starts messing up my chords.

Proud owner of a 1987 Kramer Baretta I w/ spider Guitart.
Last edited by binjajer at Aug 12, 2007,
I think Draken's post pretty much sums it up, except that I've never had an "adolescent rebellion"-thing.
"A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping through the earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust. Retaliation..."

Check out my amazing band!
An Abstract Illusion
TS you wouldn't happen to be from Birmingham, AL would ya?
Member of UG's hippie club PM blynd_snyper or Tok to join
Page 1 of 3