hey guys i have a vox ad50vt and standard MIM strat. ive been trying to get as close as i can to the tone for under the bridge but it seems impossible. ive tried for a long time but now i just thought what the hell i see if anyone can help me. and i know theres an "ultimate settings thread" but that takes forever to get an answer and you generally only get one answer. does anyone have ANY help for me? i would really appreciate it. john has a very "glass"-like tone in it because its very crisp, but without distortion. help meh!
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Another southern fried freak on a crucifix
Hicks don't mix with politics
People on the street just kickin' to the licks
Treble up a lot, with a fair bit of mids, bass around 6ish. Use the neck pickup, and for the outro, use chorus.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
it just seems like it sounds kind of flat or something if i dont use a tinnny bit of chorus
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Another southern fried freak on a crucifix
Hicks don't mix with politics
People on the street just kickin' to the licks
Treble 1 o'clock
Mids 12 o'clock
Bass 11-12 o'clock

^ish.

Make sure that you use the neck+middle combination and roll the tone knobs off a touch on both pickups. If the amp has built in compression, that might help. Its also a lot about how its picked, dynamics make a huge difference in the tone of that song.
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Ibanez TS-9 Tube Screamer
Fulltone OCD
Dallas-Arbiter Wah Baby
Home-Built Germanium Fuzz Face
MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
2 Fender Blues Juniors
http://www.jftab.com/ipb/index.php?showtopic=2270

Maybe it will help everybody says "a lot of treble" and it's a bull****... a lot of bass, a lot of middle and not much of treble as you can see on the pictures
Epiphone Les Paul Studio 2005
Marshall JTM-60
MXR Phase 90
Ibanez WH-10 Wah
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion
EHX Q-Tron +
Line 6 FM-4 Filter Modeler
Fender CD60 Acoustic
John Frusciante and RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS UG fanclub.
Quote by Karol1701
http://www.jftab.com/ipb/index.php?showtopic=2270

Maybe it will help everybody says "a lot of treble" and it's a bull****... a lot of bass, a lot of middle and not much of treble as you can see on the pictures

True, John actually uses a lot more mids and bass than he does treble. I saw his amps once, and he had one Jubilee and a Major with treble at 4, mids at 6ish, and bass around 7 or 8, and on his other Jube, he had bass around 5ish, treble around 7ish, and less mids. I think this Jube is used for the Gretsch though, if he doesn't still use the Fender amps.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
Quote by rhcp_freak
True, John actually uses a lot more mids and bass than he does treble. I saw his amps once, and he had one Jubilee and a Major with treble at 4, mids at 6ish, and bass around 7 or 8, and on his other Jube, he had bass around 5ish, treble around 7ish, and less mids. I think this Jube is used for the Gretsch though, if he doesn't still use the Fender amps.

Gretsch and Les Paul for Readymade I think
Epiphone Les Paul Studio 2005
Marshall JTM-60
MXR Phase 90
Ibanez WH-10 Wah
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion
EHX Q-Tron +
Line 6 FM-4 Filter Modeler
Fender CD60 Acoustic
John Frusciante and RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS UG fanclub.
http://valvetronix.net/valvetronix/red-hot-chili-peppers/under-the-bridge/details_455.html Sorry if its been posted but those are great settings. Kick ass site if your a valvetronix user as well.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.