Hello all,

I was thinking about buying this Epiphone G-400. My music style would be composed by Aerosmith, Oasis, Guns N Roses, and perhaps some others. Those are my favourite bands though. Do you think this model is allright? I mean, I'm not a pro at all and I would only use it for playing at home or perhaps with some friends in a hourparty. I won't giver a concert, ever. Is this model OK for rock N roll? maybe like The Donnas?

thanks in advance.
I have one and I like it. It's pretty versatile, with just a little more bias towards Hard Rock/Metal. I like it's tone and sound, and it's pretty easy to mod should you need too.

I'd get it as a practice guitar or just to mess around with.
Thanks for the answer. Now that you've mentioned it, I really like AC/DC, hard rock and Metal too. I mean, I wouldn't play Slipknot but I would the styles you mentioned before. Yeah so this is getting more interesting...
i own one and its pretty versatile, it should be able to handle the stuff you mentioned, though your amp is much more important as far as your tone is concerned
Gear

Ibanez RG1451 (Bareknuckle Aftermath bridge, Cold Sweat neck)
Jackson DK2T(Bareknuckle Miracle Man bridge,SD Jazz neck)
Ibanez RG321mh(SD JB bridge)
Epiphone SG-400,
Ibanez RG370DX,
Vintage V6

Pod X3 into KRK RP8 G2's
I bought one as my first guitar.

I'd recommend getting a Samick Torino instead.

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
What's the real difference between SG 310 and SG 400? I'm in Argentina and the difference is around 200/300 dollars...
The G310 is far worse; it's alder (which is not a bad wood, but real SGs are mahogany and presumably you'd be buying an SG copy to imitate a real SG ) and it has a bolt-on neck (which isn't a bad thing normally, but Epiphone's bolt-on necks are pretty poor and not very solid).

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Besides the neck and the wood (which are no less important), is this 400 far better than 310? I mean, does this big price difference really worth it?