Would a Mesa Boogie Roadster be a good amp that's versatile enough to handle stuff like Red Hot Chili Peppers, Metallica, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, Dream Theater, Coheed and Cambria, Children of Bodom, and Rage Against the Machine? If there are any amps that you think would be better for these styles please let me know.
It could probably do everything but Chili Peppers and SRV easily.

But you can't get a perfect, all-in-one amp. Yet.
Quote by Half_Full
It could probably do everything but Chili Peppers and SRV easily.

But you can't get a perfect, all-in-one amp. Yet.

Wrong, it can easily do both of those.

I would suggest getting a BB Preamp along with the Roadster, it will give you even further versatility, and yes, it should be able to easily cover all of those, with some being a bit harder to tweak than others.
Quote by hightension01
its called

hypocrasy
Sounds like you'd be happier with a Mark IV than a Roadster.

The Mark is going to have nicer cleans, tighter leads, and a better in-between crunch. You'll get the Red Hot Chili Pepper's sounds easy, Metallica Easy, Stevie Ray Vaughan if you crank it, Joe Satriani if you work with the EQ a bit, Steve Vai if you smooth out your Satriani sounds a bit, John Petrucci has virtually always used Mark Series Boogies (usually a Mark IIC+, but Systematic Chaos was recorded with a IV, and Train of Thought was a Road King Series 1), Coheed and Cambria I don't really listen to so no input.. Children of bodom with some messing around with the treble and eq, and I've heard of a lot of bands covering rage with the mark IV.
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
Quote by Striketalonx
Sounds like you'd be happier with a Mark IV than a Roadster.

The Mark is going to have nicer cleans, tighter leads, and a better in-between crunch. You'll get the Red Hot Chili Pepper's sounds easy, Metallica Easy, Stevie Ray Vaughan if you crank it, Joe Satriani if you work with the EQ a bit, Steve Vai if you smooth out your Satriani sounds a bit, John Petrucci has virtually always used Mark Series Boogies (usually a Mark IIC+, but Systematic Chaos was recorded with a IV, and Train of Thought was a Road King Series 1), Coheed and Cambria I don't really listen to so no input.. Children of bodom with some messing around with the treble and eq, and I've heard of a lot of bands covering rage with the mark IV.

The earlier Petrucci might be a problem though, through the IIC+ I played there was a substantial difference, Mark IV's lead is so much tighter.
Quote by hightension01
its called

hypocrasy
Quote by Cied Shredder
The earlier Petrucci might be a problem though, through the IIC+ I played there was a substantial difference, Mark IV's lead is so much tighter.

I find the IV to be, different, than a IIC+, but not necessarily "tighter" (although it can be).

Two notes though: The IV will get closer to the IIC+ than the Roadster ever will, and the version of the Mark IV has a bit of an effect on the sound resemblance to the IIC+.

If you play a Mark IV version A, which is the original, it will sound closer than the "modern" Mark IV version B's. How can you tell? Well, A's don't have a Simul-Satellite Send/Return, and have an attached power-chord. B's have the effects loop looking like "oOo", a detachable power chord, and a simul-satellite send. All of these features are on the back if you are curious.
Good luck finding a Mark IV. They are extremely rare to find, as most stores will just order a bunch of Recto's. I had to order mine, and wait a good twelve weeks.
Ok guys I'm making my final decision on which amp to get soon. I haven't gotten to try a Mark IV because i can't find one anywhere in my area. I have tried out a Mesa Roadster and thought it was great, but i didn't have much time on it. I'm going to guitar center tonight. are there any amps that anyone thinks i should try out. Once again I'll give a list of bands I'm into playing. I like Children of Bodom, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Coheed and Cambria, Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, Jimi Hendrix, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Dream Theater, Incubus, Rage Against the Machin, Tool, AC/DC, Led Zeppelin, Bon Jovi, Foo Fighters, Guns N' Roses, Killswitch Engage, Metallica, Opeth, Pantera, Protest The Hero, Rush, Smashing Pumpkins, Story Of the Year, The Strokes, and Van Halen. It doesn't matter what brand it is, it just has to be something I'll be able to try out. Thanks in advance.
All I can say is the Roadster has a ton of range and dedicated channels for various sounds. I have yet to try a Mark IV myself, but as I understand it, it might be worthwhile to wait until the Mark V comes out (I've heard it should make it's debut at Winter NAMM 2008).