I would get locking tuners first, if you don't have them already. Then, instead of a roller nut, I would get a graphtech graphite nut. They work very well if the nut is actually binding. Plus, you won't have to modify the nut slot, like you would for a roller nut. Graphtech saddles help quite a bit too if you like to abuse your trem.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Huh I'll look into that, thanks. Now I just need to find some gold plated locking tuners otherwise my whole guitar will look lame... No luck yet lol
Schaller makes gold ones, and they bolt right up to the strats, at least they did on my standard MIA. They are pricey though, I think around $60-70USD. They are the same kind they use on the MIA deluxe strats.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
So the LSR is cheaper than that... But it does require alteration to install? That right?
Quote by Twevo
So the LSR is cheaper than that... But it does require alteration to install? That right?

the LSR is wider than a standard string nut, so the groove has to be widened where the nut is. Also, all a roller nut is doing is stopping binding at the nut, it's not locking anything down. A graphite nut does the same thing, and if your nut now isn't cathing anything, it probably won't make a lot of difference anyway.

Locking tuners work well, because they keep only a partial turn around the tuning peg, so the string can't bind on itself when it goes slack and tight again from trem use. Make sure you stretch your strings too, a lot of people forget that step, and then have tuning issues until the strings naturally stretch themselves out over time.
amp clips
amp vids
Oh yeah I always stretch my strings. So does the roller nut work in conjunction with the locking tuners cause when I usually see a guitar with one it has the other
you can, sure, but one doesn't require the other. It's a pretty slick setup having both, but I would only use an LSR if it came from Fender like that. A regular graphite or bone nut will do nearly the same thing for a lot less than the price of an LSR plus install. They will have to route out some wood on the neck.
amp clips
amp vids