i was just reading about the best singing while playing.
I dont know if im the only one but ive been playing for three years and i cant even sing something simple like Good riddance by green day or wish you were here by pink floyd.

any tips on how i can fix this??!?!?
Quote by capsfan17
you think girls are confusing, try eating a refrigirator, now that was confusing
First of all, wow.. Secondly, wrong forum. Finally, this thread has been done literally hundreds of times.
It's difficult to win unless you're bored.
Quote by v_gamer
i was just reading about the best singing while playing.
I dont know if im the only one but ive been playing for three years and i cant even sing something simple like Good riddance by green day or wish you were here by pink floyd.

any tips on how i can fix this??!?!?

You have failed as a guitarist. Please go buy a bass and start over.

Just kidding.

You just have to PRACTICE!

Now GTFO of the pit and into the guitar or musician forums.
Play for two years. At first, I couldn't even do a simple chord and singing without changing the tempo in my voice, or in my playing. Now I can sing and play though my singing sucks
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

you just have to practice but try easier songs like fat lip by sum 41 or blink 182 songs
just let everything flow.. don't think about, just jam
Quote by joshjhasarrived
Little does the government suspect that it's funds are being rapidly drained through funding infinite free cardboard boxes to bored teenagers on an internet forum.
Learn Wonderwall by Oasis, it's a good one to start on cause the vocals keep the beat with the strumming. After that try Good Riddance.
i can sing ive been playing for two years. just practice on your own when no one is around and give it your all cuz then you wont have to worry about people listenin
Member of the Guitarists Born in 1990 Club. PM Gibson_God11 to join

Member of the I have every metallica album and I love it!
club. PM BDR_23 to join

www.myspace.com/shepherdjoe

X
ya it took me about 3 years (though I started young) but it'll come to you just played 2 or 3 chords over and over 'till you have it really good then just take a line from a song tht even just sorta fits into the chords and then just keep singing it while playing. It'll suck at first but you'll get it.
You should practise to play guitar untill you can play without thinking about it then you can focus on singing or you try it the otherway around.

p.s. sry my english isn´t very good
nirvana-about a girl is the first 1 i tryed, pretty simple and great for like girls, same with wonderwall like mattvl said, and just like practice, i kno every1 is sick of hearing it but its the truth
Quote by LesPaulHer0
"in the grand scheme of things, nobody cares"

Gear:
Dean 10K Commemorative Razorback
Ibanez RG 3EX1
BC Rich Mockingbird Evil Edge
Fender Acoustic
Marshall MG250DFX
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Electro Harmonix Small Clone Full Chorus
I personally think that Good Riddance is a tough song to start with. You should try songs with more powerchords to get your spirits up, and show yourself that you can actually multitask. Then go on to something more difficult. From my experience, it helps if you can play whatever you're trying to sing along to without thinking about it; i.e. talk to someone while playing it, or watch tv while playing it. Good luck.
I could never do it either, untill one day it just clicked (playing Mother by Pink Floyd). Ever since then I can do it just fine, so i guess just keep trying.
Tiananmen Square Dance
do you play acoustic?

it should come easier if you play acoustic guitar and strum chords while singing.
^me too!!! yay for both of us? or just...
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard