Sorry i didn't mean to say that. this is what i meant to say..

Would a "Metal" tube amp (Ashdown fallen angel *English made*) have better cleans than a Hybrid amp (Vox Valvatronix)
Last edited by IAmSpiderMan at Aug 13, 2007,
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
A "metal" amp can be tube, ss, or hybrid.

It all depends on the given amps.

Contrary to popular belief, you can't just lump the tone you get from all of one type of amp together

Quote by TehJermie
... how embarrassing

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
I think he's asking if a tube amp geared towards metal (dual rec, 5150, etc) will have better cleans than a SS or Hybrid amp. And my response is that it's a case by case basis, and it really depends on which amps you're talking about.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Majority would vote you would get a better clean from a SS amp then a metal tube amp like say a cheap fender over maybe a roland cube (not saying cubes are bad, they are really good, just saying) But like a nice fender bassman, or twin/deluxe reverb cleans are godly.
_b l/ink youreyes /1 for yes 2 fo_r n o
Bah, he edited it.

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by TOcheesehead
Majority would vote you would get a better clean from a SS amp then a metal tube amp like say a cheap fender over maybe a roland cube (not saying cubes are bad, they are really good, just saying) But like a nice fender bassman, or twin/deluxe reverb cleans are godly.

+1 Fender amps = sexy.
Vox have some pretty good clean tones. I've got the cheapest vox ever (pathfinder 10). It's distortion sucks, but the cleans are awesome.

A lot of SS and Hybrids have pretty good clean sounds. Maybe too clean for some.
Nothing wrong with my Fallen Angel's clean channel.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com