Well, I'm looking to get some kind of part time/summer job so I can make myself some money. In CT, 16-17 is the age where most of those jobs are available. I'm not quite there yet, but I will be soon enough, so I figured I'd plan ahead. And what better place to work at thena place I love? Actually, It's the only guitar shop near me. So basically I'm asking, do you think I'll be able to work at GC once I'm 16, or do you think they'll have some special 18+ rule? I'm technically allowed to work in retail at 16, but I'n not sure if GC would be an exception. What'd you think?

P.S. What's the pay like? Obviously I'm not expecting anything real, but for crappy/summer/part-time jobs like that, what's the pay generally like?

Thanks a lot.
I have tried getting a job there. Unless you know someone who works there, you aint getting it
in my experience most of the people who work at GC are assholes who try to pressure you into buying.

that aside, i would doubt that you could get a job there, being as you need to at least look like you're very knowledgable about the store( not saying that you aren't knowledgable, just that you're young), and they probably feel that younger employees=less sales
you have to be 18 or older.
Quote by Yespleasevicar
NevermorePsalm thank you for showing me how clever and witty one person can be in just a few sentances. My God i wanna be like u so much! In fact we all do. Well done

Steven Wilson and Mikael Akerfeldt own my soul.
I assist at guitar center in hollywood, everyones really nice there cuase they get payed like double because there in the middle of some of the biggest tourist places ever. I can't plug into a 5150 without a crowd of asians hovering around me takinjg pictures. and thats a true story. But yah, if you know someone who works there it helps a bunch
_b l/ink youreyes /1 for yes 2 fo_r n o
Quote by The_Freshmaker
in my experience most of the people who work at GC are assholes who try to pressure you into buying.

that aside, i would doubt that you could get a job there, being as you need to at least look like you're very knowledgable about the store( not saying that you aren't knowledgable, just that you're young), and they probably feel that younger employees=less sales

Salespeople are paid on commision. They will pressure you into a sale because that is their job. A young employee will not equate to many sales because A) they may be inexperienced, B) they may not have much retail experience, C) they may have little skill in repairing guitars, D) younger people are not always as presentable as people who are older.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
MOST Jobs require you to be 18+. If GC even hires 17 year olds then you'll probably be a cashier.

Just because you are able to work in retail doesn't mean you'll be able to get a good job in retail. In my experiences, I wouldn't suggest working in retail...
Yeah, that's what I was thinking, I still have a couple years to go. (I'm 14 but I've wanted to get a job for a long time.) There's really not any other guitar shops around me, so I'll probobly have to find somewhere else. And to nt1440, I was actually thinking of the one in Orange.

Maybe I'll try to get a job in the Apple store once I'm 15-16-17 years old. I like the stores a lot, and it seems like the people working there are on the youngerish side.
What do you guys think of that?

P.S. For now I'm really reduced to working for my parents for money, but whatever.

EDIT:^What do you suggest then?
i'm almost 100% positive you need to be 18 or older...

http://www.guitarcenter.com/careers/
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
u have to be 18+ and have sales experience i know cause my friend knows alot of the guys who work there and he's asked before
Quote by THE PIT
OMG ZEROHERO UR THE MOST AWESOMEST DUDE EVER

InfeRno" of the Predacons Beast Wars Club

Gear:
sucky squire
Kramer
Dean ML
gnx3 pedal
sucky fender squire amp

:stickpoke
If you're only 14 then I'd say enjoy your younger years before worrying about a job.

I remember when I was 14 and I kept trying to find a job while my older brother told me just to enjoy my free time for the time being. I must admit, he was right. Once you start working a full-time job you'll realize that working sucks, even if you're making money.
Quote by Snowing
If you're only 14 then I'd say enjoy your younger years before worrying about a job.

I remember when I was 14 and I kept trying to find a job while my older brother told me just to enjoy my free time for the time being. I must admit, he was right. Once you start working a full-time job you'll realize that working sucks, even if you're making money.

As much as I agree with that, I have a lot of free time.
well u could try bellers in manchester but i think u have to be faimly related but idk my friend almost got a job there
Quote by KetchupLad14
As much as I agree with that, I have a lot of free time.

Trust me man, I am the master of free time. Try spending an entire summer of going to bed at 4 in the morning and then waking up at 4 in the afternoon.

Just enjoy that free time while it lasts.
You've got to be able to lie through your teeth and recommend Marshall MGs ("the bigger it is, the louder and better it is!") to 12 year olds with no hesitation.
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
Quote by Snowing
Trust me man, I am the master of free time. Try spending an entire summer of going to bed at 4 in the morning and then waking up at 4 in the afternoon.

Just enjoy that free time while it lasts.

That's scary. You just quoted me exactly. Anyway, thanks for the help man. My parents and I have come to an agreement where, as long as I basically wake up, put clothes on, and clean up the dishes and the house, I get $10 a week. I don't care how i get money like this, but it reminds me almost a little too much of when I was 10 and did "chores".
Quote by KetchupLad14
Well, I'm looking to get some kind of part time/summer job so I can make myself some money. In CT, 16-17 is the age where most of those jobs are available. I'm not quite there yet, but I will be soon enough, so I figured I'd plan ahead. And what better place to work at thena place I love? Actually, It's the only guitar shop near me. So basically I'm asking, do you think I'll be able to work at GC once I'm 16, or do you think they'll have some special 18+ rule? I'm technically allowed to work in retail at 16, but I'n not sure if GC would be an exception. What'd you think?

P.S. What's the pay like? Obviously I'm not expecting anything real, but for crappy/summer/part-time jobs like that, what's the pay generally like?

Thanks a lot.

you must be at least 18 but working at GC isnt fun at all anyways.....go find another job.
Im planning on working for comcast becasue they get some killer deals...almost free cable, great benefits, good pay.
im pretty sure you have to be 18+ but all you really need to know what to do is 1st: make the person afraid by asking questions such as "Are you a good guitar player?" 2nd: make up stories about your "experiences" with the product 3rd and last: try to make them feel like they have control of the situation.

that's what you need to know about working at guitar center
Quote by ShaunDiel
Listen to this man. His 2 ideas in five minutes have shat all over your serious ideas.