just wondering would this amp be loud enough to keep up with a loud drummer ands be able to do gigs, or am i better off with a rocker 30 combo?
thanks
What cab do you have?

If you have the option to get the Rocker 30; you should get it
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Id get the rocker 30 combo but if you put it with a 2x 12 cab it should be fine without having to crank it aswell
Even though it's rated at 15W, it's still loud as hell. If you're playing a lot of cleans though, you might want to go for the Rocker 30
Gear:
Gibson X-Plorer Studio Yellow
Orange Tiny Terror
Orange PPC-112 Cab (2 stacked - 1 open backed)
MXR Phase 90
Fulltone OCD
Playing with a drummer I find it is always better to go at least 30 watts if you care about your cleans.
ok thanks thats cool, but i should have mentioned id use this amp for practise at home as well, so am i still better off with the rocker 30?
Yeah, I can get my 25W amp loud enough to sound good.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
I still say go with the tiny terror, in reality its got two el34's so it's gonna be more like 50 watts of tube

and I believe you can switch the wattage down, which would be good for practicing at home
"what are good intermediate classic rock covers?"
Quote by EZLN libertad
alice in chains, stone temple pilots, led zeppelin, play rock and roll by zeppelin, thatll work well, maybe hendrix
and maybe war by meshuggah

/runs
cool, but if the amp does have 2 go too loud to hit its sweet spot, i can just hook up a tubescreamer in front of the amp for overdrive?
its not the el34's, but the fact that you have two of them
Quote by EZLN libertad
alice in chains, stone temple pilots, led zeppelin, play rock and roll by zeppelin, thatll work well, maybe hendrix

/runs
well "valve" amps 30-50 watts have two power "valves"
also a tubescreamer might be a good idea also since it only has 2 preamp valves
Quote by EZLN libertad

/runs
cool, i think a rocker 30 will be a better idea in the long run? and i will be able to practise at a fairly tolerable volume right?
Quote by the_guy
cool, i think a rocker 30 will be a better idea in the long run? and i will be able to practise at a fairly tolerable volume right?

Personally I would prefer a rocker 30 with a overdrive. It will still sound good at bedroom levels, but it will really shine during gigs and jamming. I think if you plan on ever gigging its the best choice.
Quote by the_guy
^thank you, rocker 30 it is then

Hey, its your choice :P. I would just feel better with the clean headroom because overdrive has its place, cleans are important. I have never cranked a TT (Ive only played one) so I dont exactly know how much headroom you could expect.
Yup, the Tiny Terror will be fine in most small venue situations.

On a side note, if you have the money for a R30, I would go for that.

Edit : ^ On the 15W channel, quite a lot.
The biggest advantage about the tiny terror is the weight of it and how small it is. It makes taking it from place to place so much easier than the Rocker 30. I haul mine all over the house and it's nice being able to carry my guitar in one hand, my cab in the other and the TT straped across my back. One trip, no hassle.
Gear:
Gibson X-Plorer Studio Yellow
Orange Tiny Terror
Orange PPC-112 Cab (2 stacked - 1 open backed)
MXR Phase 90
Fulltone OCD
Quote by powerage225
I still say go with the tiny terror, in reality its got two el34's so it's gonna be more like 50 watts of tube

It actually runs on two EL84's. It's a true 15W amp. They claim to push a little more out of it. The Vox AC30 gets 33W out of four EL84's, so maybe you're looking at 16-18W when completely cranked. But nothing like 50.

I hear very good things about the master volume on the Rocker 30, meaning that it sounds nice at lower volumes. If it's within your means, it's the better amp for gigging. A 15W amp might have trouble keeping up with a LOUD drummer.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
thanks so much slatsmania, thats pretty much made the choice for now, rocker 30 it is then, thanks a lot

Good for you, enjoy it!
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.