left my guitar unstrung for two weeks. When I put new strings on the strings were the same size as the ones I had before and when I play they are way more tense than any new string should be and are too close to the fretboard. M yaction is the same height as it was before. I think my neck has warped. I can sort of visibly see it. How do I go about investigating/fixing this?
Quote by IbanezSA160

You are always in my thoughts,
Your eyes are perfect, your body is tight.
Put on this strap on i just bought
And ride my anus into the night.

Quote by Kneusje

[IMG]http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb190/Kneusje_Drumman/SPARTAAA.jpg[/IMG]
Last edited by MuffinxMassacre at Aug 13, 2007,
F*CK!!!!

SORRY FOIR THAT BUT MY GUITAR IS UNSTRUNG RIGHT NOW!

Crap crap crap!

my dads such a f*cktard!
the truss rod should fix it, just tighten it or loosen it until it straightens out.
You know how sometimes you get the feeling that nobody's really listening?

Yeah, welcome to the internet.
^ Yes and no. That explanation is too simplistic to be really helpful, unfortunately.

Nothing happens when your guitar is unstrung. And how is your neck "warped?" Do you mean twisted? If it is, there's nothing you can do about it. Have you done a relief measurement? Do you know how to? Your truss rod might need adjustment.
Hi, I'm Peter
A warp is different from back bow. I doubt very seriously that your neck is warped. I've left guitars unstrung and under truss rod tension in my attic for years without any problems. Give it a couple of days and the truss rod and wood should be able to settle back into string tension easily.
Quote by TwoString
A warp is different from back bow. I doubt very seriously that your neck is warped. I've left guitars unstrung and under truss rod tension in my attic for years without any problems. Give it a couple of days and the truss rod and wood should be able to settle back into string tension easily.

Oh thank god. I need to get strings but I havent had time to stop down by the local music shop.