So I'm going to Guitar Center on Thursday to try out amps. I'll probably try the Peavey triple xxx, Randall rg75g3 or RG50TC, B-52 at-112(Yes, i know they fall apart easily), and anything else they suggest. Is there anything you guys think i definitly SHOULD or SHOULD NOT try? Oh, and im mainly looking for an amp with a really good distortion/overdrive/whatever for metal, but also a nice clean, too. Thanx

EDIT: Forgot to mention I want to try and stay with combo amps
Quote by Death_To_Emo
Hey I said this once
Last edited by Death_To_Emo at Aug 13, 2007,
peavey windsor (if you really rarely use cleans, so this might not be for you) and a crate palomino
Gear:
1965 Fender Mustang not a RI
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass

Peavey Classic 50

Quote by Death_To_Emo
I'll probably try the Peavey triple xxx, Randall rg75g3 or RG50TC, B-52 at-112(Yes, i know they fall apart easily), and anything else they suggest. Is there anything you guys think i definitly SHOULD or SHOULD NOT try?

Yeah, don't try anything they suggest. They shouldn't have to suggest what you should play. You might as well hand over your money and say "pick something for me".

Plug a Gibson LP into a big ass Marshall stack and try tht
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true
Quote by SublimeGuitar
peavey windsor (if you really rarely use cleans, so this might not be for you) and a crate palomino

The Windsor has good cleans actually. Just don't expect to switch from clean to distortion fast.
fender tube amp with pedals, u can get any sound any want
not to mention the nicest cleans
Check out my music *
budget?

do you need an amp just for practice at home, or dual purpose for home and gigs?
Kramer: 85 Baretta, 84 Pacer Imperial, 85 Pacer Imperial
Gibson 68 LP Custom Shop
Fender 69 Strat
Mesa Roadster 2x12
THD Hotplate
Digitech WH-1
Ibanez TS808
Dunlop 535QC
MXR: Distortion III, EVH Phase 90, EVH Flanger, 10 Band EQ, DC Brick
Quote by monty_williams
budget?

do you need an amp just for practice at home, or dual purpose for home and gigs?

I was thinking around $600, but i could go higher. And I really only need it for practicing at home and jammin with some buddies.
Quote by Death_To_Emo
Hey I said this once