Hi... i decided to buy myself a new pedal. I already have a digitech rp50 which is quite old,i have some problems pressing both switches together because the down switch is a little bit broken.Anyway. I`m stuck between two digitech models. The digitech rp250 and the digitech df-7.
I really need a couple of decent/good distortions. I need a pedal to play a little bit of pantera,megadeth,slayer and then to switch right to offspring,bad relligion,dead kennedys... I think the df-7 can cover a lot of what i play,but the reason i also want the rp250 is because of the whammy and wah wah. I am a big fan of Tom Morello and like to experiment with my sound (i am getting a killswitch installed on my strat these days :P ). Please help me.... i am sooo desperate...i am going to commit suicide... just kiding haha

If you know some other pedals i could buy suggest me one. Price range to about 200 $

P.s:: sorry for my english.i am not that good at it
-"Did you know Dave Mustaine is *ucking your sister!!!"

-"Who is Dave Mustaine???"

-"You don`t know who Dave Mustaine is?"

-"No."

-"Well...ask your sister"
I definently wouldn't go with a digitech pedals, overall, I think if you are looking at distortion you would be better off with something by boss. In your case, I am not exactly sure, probably one of their metal zone (MT-2) or metal core pedals
_b l/ink youreyes /1 for yes 2 fo_r n o
i would say a EHX metal muff or a BOSS Overdrive/distortion pedal./
Listens to Jazz

Quote by Local666Union
each time I piss in the dark I'm afraid that some wierd plant is going to eat my dick

Quote by simonzwaan
Digitech is good value tho

They have great values but unfortunately you get what you pay for with pedals aswell. Don't get me wrong though, my friend uses a DigiTech Metal Master with his RG7321 and it sounds great. EHX pedals are really nice, you can't go wrong with them, I've been gasing for a Holy Grail. Boss pedals are ok but I think my DS-1 is starting to sound mediocre to me hehe.
Fender Standard Telecaster
Peavey Envoy 110
Boss DS-1 EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone Behringer DD400 Digital Delay
Digitech Bad Monkey
I`ll take a look at the boss pedals.Thank you.

-"No."

I tried all the pedals in my local music store. I must say that i fell in love with the digitech grunge pedal.I don`t know why it got so bad comments on this forum,it really sounds great to me. The DF-7 is crap in my opinion. The Digitech metal master is also a great distortion. The BOSS distortions are good too,but i didn`t find any model that suits me and my playing.
Anyway,i am buying the grunge and a expression pedal for my rp50 in a couple of days.

-"No."

what other gear are you using? you may want to save up for a better amp or guitar first. i really haven't found any digitech pedals that i like (aside from the whammy).