ever since i got my BOSS DS-1 pedal, it picks up a radio singnal(very much heard)and gives a horrible BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ sound and alot of feedback, but only when i play with my band in out rehersal room.its on the second floor if that says anything.....
why is this happening to me?why not to that scrony neighbour boy who's got a marshall amp but can play ****?

i own a ibanez tone blaster amp(25 watt) and an american fender strat.

EDIT:is there any way to stop this phenomanob?
Listens to Jazz

Quote by Local666Union
each time I piss in the dark I'm afraid that some wierd plant is going to eat my dick

Last edited by Joey-Tribiani at Aug 13, 2007,
It's trying to tell you something! *Punchline drums*

No, but really, I have no idea. Reminds me of this, though.
For these things give thanks at nightfall:The day gone, a guttered torch,A sword tested, the troth of a maid,Ice crossed, ale drunk.-The Hávamál
Dude that's awesome I saw this video of this dude getting Japanese Radio through his Wah, it's crazy. Anyways, radio frequencies travel very long distances and your pedal could be catching them because I dunno, distortion pedals in general clip your guitar signal so radio waves I guess could easily but rarely interfere.
Fender Standard Telecaster
Peavey Envoy 110
Boss DS-1 EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone Behringer DD400 Digital Delay
Digitech Bad Monkey
i dont know how to say...is the electric socket conected to the earth (sounds stupid)...try moving the amp around the room...i think that its single coils that buzz not the pedal...try using amps distortion and see if it still catches radio ask someone who knows about it...because i could give you info in Lithuanian language butt that wont help i think...if none of things work steal the neighbours equipment and burn his house ...and then stand with that kids marshall and sing "let me stand far from your fire (fire fire fire)"

dont loose hope fellow Johns fan
Quote by 742627000017
i dont know how to say...is the electric socket conected to the earth (sounds stupid)...try moving the amp around the room...i think that its single coils that buzz not the pedal...try using amps distortion and see if it still catches radio ask someone who knows about it...because i could give you info in Lithuanian language butt that wont help i think...if none of things work steal the neighbours equipment and burn his house ...and then stand with that kids marshall and sing "let me stand far from your fire (fire fire fire)"

dont loose hope fellow Johns fan

that made me laugh, i wont loose hope, im still saving up for the tube amp im trying to get

Listens to Jazz

Quote by Local666Union
each time I piss in the dark I'm afraid that some wierd plant is going to eat my dick

try to get your ds-1 to tune into a music station that happens to play exactly what you and your band play. you'll sound great!
Mm, I remember when the first (and so far, only) time I picked up radio signals. It was a French chat show, and as I integrated licks between sentences, I felt all GY!BE - ey.

If you know what I mean.
Personally that would be awesome if i get that, I'd use as a weird effect for a riff. Something to do with earthed sockets, it's not a first believe me. Marshall MG's are good at doing it.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
wow you guys are so helpfull.....looks like i came to the right place to ask this question
Listens to Jazz

Quote by Local666Union

Quote by Joey-Tribiani
wow you guys are so helpfull.....looks like i came to the right place to ask this question

Look, we're not contracted to come to your house and provide you with a quote and instant solution to every ****ing problem you have. We try. What do you want, special attention because you think you're the **** and you're better than everyone else that you come across? Guitar isn't a pissing contest, nor are we your ****ing slaves either.

It may be a matter of having your amps not grounded properly or too close together. It also may be simply you have a defective DS-1. If it still happens when you play without pedal, chances are it is pedal's wiring or plugs. Otherwise, separate your amps and ground them properly, checking all the wires and fuse.

or is that too technical for you? Asshole. Take it or leave it.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro

DARK RED TEAM
Last edited by IncubusMan999 at Aug 14, 2007,
you know, you could of just said that instead of the whole spam-fest you got going on in here, and if you dont wanna help me and just make jokes, than simply dont reply to me.
im asking for help, not jokes.and neither of you are obligated to rely to me in any way.some people are nice and acctually helped me with the problem, while you sit here making fun of stupid things and than get mad when i tell you to stop spamming up my thread.

and it wasnt to technical, Biatch.
Listens to Jazz

Quote by Local666Union

Quote by Joey-Tribiani
you know, you could of just said that instead of the whole spam-fest you got going on in here, and if you dont wanna help me and just make jokes, than simply dont reply to me.
im asking for help, not jokes.and neither of you are obligated to rely to me in any way.some people are nice and acctually helped me with the problem, while you sit here making fun of stupid things and than get mad when i tell you to stop spamming up my thread.

and it wasnt to technical, Biatch.

Well don't ask for help if you feel like we are being unreasonable about how we approach your question. I have given you several possible solutions, made an irrelevant comment about experimentation and never poked fun or laughed at your expense. I just don't respect arrogant comments about how we do not help when most of us are actually either offering solutions or attempting to compose some sort of relevant, serious answer.

To put it simply, review my post and you will realise that i did not say anything that was intended to exploit you for humour and rather "got all mad" after I tried to offer a solution and you make a bratty comment about how we are not helping you and spamming your thread. I answered your question willingly, if it was otherwise, I wouldn't have bothered.

/rant

It could be one of the problems that i suggested before, do a bit of swapping and changing, using what i and others have said as a guideline, and you may possibly find the root of your problem.

Have a nice day.
Quote by dannyniceboy

Quote by Minkaro

DARK RED TEAM
Quote by IncubusMan999
Well don't ask for help if you feel like we are being unreasonable about we approach your question. I have given you several possible solutions, made an irrelevant comment and never poked fun or laughed at your expense. I just don't respect arrogant comments about how we do not help when most of us are actually either offering solutions or attempting to compose some sort of relevant, serious answer.

To put it simply, review my post and you will realise that i did not say anything that was intended to exploit you for humour and rather "got all mad" after I tried to offer a solution and make a bratty comment about how we are not helping you and spamming your thread. I answered your question willingly, if it was otherwise, I wouldn't have bothered.

/rant

It could be one of the problems that i suggested before, do a bit of swapping and changing, using what i and others have said as a guideline, and you may possibly find the root of your problem.

Have a nice day.

you just got Pwnt Tribiani style haha
Quote by IncubusMan999
Well don't ask for help if you feel like we are being unreasonable about we approach your question. I have given you several possible solutions, made an irrelevant comment and never poked fun or laughed at your expense. I just don't respect arrogant comments about how we do not help when most of us are actually either offering solutions or attempting to compose some sort of relevant, serious answer.

To put it simply, review my post and you will realise that i did not say anything that was intended to exploit you for humour and rather "got all mad" after I tried to offer a solution and make a bratty comment about how we are not helping you and spamming your thread. I answered your question willingly, if it was otherwise, I wouldn't have bothered.

/rant

Have a nice day.

thank you very much, and im sorry if i had seemed like an arrogant dick...it was uncalled for.

so.....cheers?

EDIT: and..... ROFL at the guy above me
Listens to Jazz

Quote by Local666Union

Quote by Scarlatti
you just got Pwnt Tribiani style haha

I'm not following
Quote by dannyniceboy

Quote by Minkaro

DARK RED TEAM
Quote by Joey-Tribiani
thank you very much, and im sorry if i had seemed like an arrogant dick...it was uncalled for.

so.....cheers?

anytime.
Apology not necessary.
Quote by dannyniceboy

Quote by Minkaro

DARK RED TEAM
it could be the shielding (basically the earth wire) on the cable, this happens a lot at college and when i change the cable it stops. If not i don't know what to suggest really.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp