Ok ive been looking at putting together my dream guitar and have been looking for floyd cut bodies, I know that usually you have to take out more wood to make room for an FR system but I saw a body on ebay that said it had a FR installed but DOESNT have extra routing done to it.

LINK HERE

So how did they make one fit, is there a version that doesnt require additional routing of the body?

Seen a few bodies like this and since I signed up here I know I can ask and get a right answer

Thanks,
Nat.
you could put one but you will not be able to pull up your floyd unless you route the body
My gear:
-Ibanez JS 6000 Custom w/ 11-48 gauge
-Ibanez FGM 400BB w/ 10-46 gauge
-Peavey 6505 2x12 Combo
-MXR Phase 90
-Boss DD-6 Digital Delay
-Morley Wah/Volume Pro Series II
-Boss CS-3 Compression Sustainer
-Gator G-Bus 8
-Xotic BB Preamp
Because the strat has already been routed for a standard "Fender style" tremolo I dont think you will be able to safely route it for a FR... I could be wrong though...

I know you can buy Strats from Fender with and FR on them, but because its been routed I dont think you can re-rout it and put one in... I could be wrong though... very wrong

Infact dont take my advice, I dont know what im talking about, this is simply all speculation based on the size needed and whats already been cut....
If you route underneath where the floyd will be, you'll be able to pull up, just don't expect spring breaking pull-ups unless you route alot more out of the underbody.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
I see, thanks for clearing tha up!
I always see "Kramer body, floyd rose" on ebay and then it looks like routing for a normal vintage style so I got confused lol
I wasnt actually gonna buy this one, dont like the color and if you cant pull up with it then I'll find a body pre cut.
Anyone know a site that has strat bodies routed for FR's?
Fender dont make the guitar Im looking for anymore so I think I might put it all together myself lol

Nat.
Depending on how high you like your string action, you'd still be able to pull up n the Floyd about 1/4" or so. A properly setup Floyd floats level above the body, so even without the undercutting they started doing in the late 80's, you can still increase the string pitch several steps by pulling up on it. EVH's guitars were never routed out underneath the Floyd tail and he's certainly know for it.

Look for some Kramer bodies, there's usually several on eBay, and they're almost always set up for a Floyd.
Kramer: 85 Baretta, 84 Pacer Imperial, 85 Pacer Imperial
Gibson 68 LP Custom Shop
Fender 69 Strat
Mesa Roadster 2x12
THD Hotplate
Digitech WH-1
Ibanez TS808
Dunlop 535QC
MXR: Distortion III, EVH Phase 90, EVH Flanger, 10 Band EQ, DC Brick
Well Id like to be able to pull up at least one whole step, dont like the strings super high though.
From what you said, would it be possible to just add a floyd to this body without cutting it out?

I like kramers, always wanted a Richie Sambora kramer and I may get one at some point but for now Id like to make a strat type.
If you accurately drill the 2 mounting/pivot point holes you should be able to install a floating Floyd no problem.
Kramer: 85 Baretta, 84 Pacer Imperial, 85 Pacer Imperial
Gibson 68 LP Custom Shop
Fender 69 Strat
Mesa Roadster 2x12
THD Hotplate
Digitech WH-1
Ibanez TS808
Dunlop 535QC
MXR: Distortion III, EVH Phase 90, EVH Flanger, 10 Band EQ, DC Brick
"Has had Floyd Rose trem installed (professionally, was centered perfectly)."
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
I know it says it had a floyd installed, I was just curious how it was done without routing the body.

Ok so I could add it without extra cutting although I would get the mounting holes done professionally.
I know you touched on this before but would I be able to pull up a whole step still or is that asking too much with no undercut and a normal string action?

Sorry to keep asking it but I want to get this right, if I can do it all without having it cut great, if not i will get it all routed.
Thanks for your help on this

Nat.
The recessing isn't a necessity. All that really needs to be done to install a Floyd Rose is to install the nut, to drill holes for the pivots, and a route for the trem block and the springs.

You can set a non-recessed Floyd to float, all you need to do is loosen the springs so that the bridge is sitting at an angle. Doing this, you will loose some range for your divebombing, but it's a price you'll have to pay.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Ok, thanks,
Ill look into a body thats recessed, if not Ill loosen the springs.
Thanks for your help everyone !