I'm beginning my search for a new electric. Looking for something between $600 and $800 US. I've looked at the Schecter C-1 Classic and a couple Jackson's, but all suggestions are welcome.

I currently play out of a Peavey Classic Chorus 212 amp. I play a variety of music (from 311, to Black Sabbath, to Metallica, to Zeppelin, to Neil Young) so I would like a guitar with a lot of versatility.

Thanks in advance.
Gear:
Gibson Explorer (white)
Schecter C-1 Classic
Fender SuperSonic 112
Visual Sounds Jekyll & Hyde
EHX No.1 Echo
Ibanez Weeping Demon
PRS ftw
Quote by clincher09
you win

Quote by Vornik
..Are you wearing a pokemon hat?

Quote by Schmietty
+1 for what looks like a Pokemon hat.
RG series ibanezes are amazing guitars. if you can afford one in the prestige series, i'd at least try it out.
gear?
coming soon... parker fly mojo flame
ibanezes: rg350dx frankenstein * rg7620 7-string
fenders: telecaster plus * stratocaster plus

line 6: pod xt live * ax2 212
other: laney vh100r * mesa dual rectifier * monster cables
Get a Jackson, and kick anyone who says Jackson is built ONLY for Metal in the balls. Jackson has quite a solid low/mid range.
i heard that jacksons have a problem with the volume knob, it does something so you can change the volume on the guitar, it doesnt come like this it's a fault that happens so ive heard
Most Jacksons are only for Metal.

Come on, bring on the ball kicking. Oh wait, you can't. We are on the internet. And you can E-kickmyballs.
Colors by Between the Buried and Me is the Best album ever
Quote by RedSox_o4
look at the schecter c-1 hellraiser. its a pretty bad guitar.

+1!!!! I am with this guy!
my friends brother has a jackson randy rhoads v, its a pretty badass guitar he got it for 699 so it fits ur price range, and it plays other ganres other than metal
also, it u dont like that PRS and ibanez make some pretty bad guitars too, and a cookie to the guy who said schecter hellraiser
Quote by homstar670
Most Jacksons are only for Metal.

Come on, bring on the ball kicking. Oh wait, you can't. We are on the internet. And you can E-kickmyballs.

Do you get your kicks off being a sardonic little brat?

What's the problem with the volume knobs?
i knwo some one who has one and he told me that say you ormaly have your volume at ten after a while like wear and tear kinda thing it stops working so you can roll back your volume to get a clenaer sound it's just stays the say as it would at 10, he sayed he's heard hat happen about a few jacksons
To thread starter:
You could always try a LAG guitar; i have one and it's the most comfortable guitar i've ever used. Most of them have 24 frets and the one i have is strung through the body so sustain is good. I replaced the pickups on mine but the stock ones seemed fairly good (better than any ibanez stock pups!).
This site sells LAG's: http://www.tonezonemusic.co.uk/guitarbrandsearch.asp?ManufacturerID=1
At least check out the JM100 it rocks IMO
Cheers
Gear:
>ESP LTD FX-400SM
>LAG Jet JM100 with Swineshead Venom (bridge) and Warthog (neck) pickups
>EHX Bigg Muff Pi
>BOSS MT-2 Metal Zone
>Epiphone Valve Standard (Class A 15Watt)
Ibanez RG is the most common response to every question on this board, Ibanez is insanely overrated