alright i have a Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier, which i am in love with. however i've been having problems with the footswitch lately, with switches getting stuck and not working. this usually happens when i'm wearing shoes at gigs or practices, whereas i am usually in sock feet at home. i have a heavier stomp with shoes on, therefore the switches get damaged. i was thinking about the 1/4" inputs on the back of the head, and wondering if i could get some kind of switches that could activate each channel, that would be more durable than the switches on the stock one.
if that made any sense to anybody... could someone help if you know what you're talking about
thanks
Now officially has too much gear to list

PM me if you want to know about my recording setup
Last edited by cerveza at Aug 13, 2007,
There are all kinds of third party switches out there, I'd go to a local shop and check out what they have. The guy at my local place was really nice about helping me find one that would work well with my valveking.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
I wouldn't bother...If you want to control all the features original footswitch offers, you'll need 5 seperate switches.

Go to your local dealer, and have them order you a new one from Mesa...it will cost you $50 or so I believe, but it will be worth it...I've been using mine for nearly 2 years now, and I haven't had the slightest problem.

Did you buy used?
Quote by ibanez4life SZ!
I wouldn't bother...If you want to control all the features original footswitch offers, you'll need 5 seperate switches.

Go to your local dealer, and have them order you a new one from Mesa...it will cost you $50 or so I believe, but it will be worth it...I've been using mine for nearly 2 years now, and I haven't had the slightest problem.

Did you buy used?

i've gone through 3 already. luckily they're still on warranty so i don't have to pay. i was going to buy 4 separate switches, as i don't use the FX loop very often.

nope, i bought everything brand new from the store.
i guess i just get too excited when i hit the switches during a song... it's usually the solo and 3rd channel that get broken, and it's usually a good part of the song when i hit them from another channel
Now officially has too much gear to list

PM me if you want to know about my recording setup