ive written a few songs lately and i would like to record them to my computer using a microphone. ive never done this before so im kind of clueless. what kind of microphone should i use. im not really that serious about producing cds or anything...just want to record it.
thanks yall
If you want to use a microphone then you should have an amp.Put the microphone front of the amp, make sure you're not close to the mic and record.Or you can just plug to the sound card and use Guitar Rig 2 for the distorted sound.
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Dean Michael Schenker Custom
Ibanez MTM1
Ibanez Canary Chorus
Ibanez Shark Distortion
Boss CS-3
Dunlop DB01 Dimbag Crybaby From Hell
Shure SM57 probably if you're recording with an amp.
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Ibanez MTM1
Ibanez Canary Chorus
Ibanez Shark Distortion
Boss CS-3
You're welcome.
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Ibanez MTM1
Ibanez Canary Chorus
Ibanez Shark Distortion
Boss CS-3
I used to record with an old PC mic I used to use when I played counter strike that was like $ 15, but mics don't produce super great quality. I went to a mac store and found an adapter by Monster that connects your amp cable dircetly into your line in jack on your pc. It was like $10 i think and works on PCs too (I record on PCs). Very usefull, only records your guitars sound and no background noise, works for bases and mics that have the same uotput as amp cables, and basically any instrument that has the cable. The only thing bad is that if you use your amps distortion, it wont be there when you record since your amp isnt pluged into the PC. So if you need distortion or any other effect, you need to have them as pedals, and make the pedals output link into the Monster adapter and then into your PC. Oh, any app with sound recording will record your sound, but I recommend Sony Sound Forge.
Quote by fedora bora
but mics don't produce super great quality.

Sorry, but this couldn't be more incorrect. A $15 anything will be crappy - duh. A good mic will be eons better than running your effect pedals straight into your computer.
PM Me for any help you need with recording systems/tips
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Good call

Man, you should be a mod, you know everything.