I Found these neat little Finger s t r e t c h i n g exercises in a magazine and decided to try it out.
My question is if im defenting the purpose by holdin my fingers at and angle on the fretboard as opposed to kepping them perpindicular to the fret bars.

I really want to do this right and not waste my time because im having trouble strecthing my fingers across the frets.I have long-skinny fingers and this shouldn't be a problem...
the more perpendicular your fingers are, the more accurate you will play. granted it takes a while to get used to, it's better for you in the end. if you pay attention to music videos, and i think one of the better examples is in the chorus to "Redemption" by Shadows Fall, you can actually see their guitarist arching his fingers.
If you mean having your thumb over the neck and slanting your fingers then yes, but ive seen vai do that and it surprises me that some one of his calibur does that.
well no its not proper technique. having them straight will be better because you incorporate your pinky finger much more than having them slanted. straighten up much better for you in the long run.
Last edited by Metallica! at Aug 13, 2007,