Page 1 of 2
I need suggestions for amps under 50$ that can hold me off until my birthday. After that it will become my practice amp.
Yes 50$ and please I don't want people telling me to save up and get something better but my birthday is only in 5 months and I don't think I'll die of not having a really good amp by then.
lol your got gonna get anything for 50$, if you just want a practice amp, get a fender frontman 15 g or vox d5 or 15 (something like that
Quote by sum41fan13
Yes 50$ and please I don't want people telling me to save up and get something better but my birthday is only in 5 months and I don't think I'll die of not having a really good amp by then.

Seriously. You won't get a good amp for $50.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by lachowsky
lol your got gonna get anything for 50$, if you just want a practice amp, get a fender frontman 15 g or vox d5 or 15 (something like that

those Fender Frontman are actually $70. the Vox is more than 100.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
You can spend ten more dollars for a Peavey Backstage Amp other then that, $50 won't get you much.
Fender Standard Telecaster
Peavey Envoy 110
Boss DS-1 EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone Behringer DD400 Digital Delay
Digitech Bad Monkey
Quote by timi_hendrix
Seriously. You won't get a good amp for $50.

You won't get a BAD amp for $50. Check eBay for Fender Frontman amps, that's your best option. OH! Or a Peavey Rage or Blaze or something like that, I'm sure you can get 'em for $50 or less used on eBay.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
^ ya, i know, it''s just a suggestion lol
I made a practice amp out of a pair if computer speakers and my digitech grunge, it works surprisingly well
Quote by Sid McCall
You won't get a BAD amp for $50. Check eBay for Fender Frontman amps, that's your best option. OH! Or a Peavey Rage or Blaze or something like that, I'm sure you can get 'em for $50 or less used on eBay.

^those are bad amps.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
^that's what i did the first 5 months, and totally worth it.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
I need an amp to practice and for lessons because my teacher only has one amp.

Peavey Backstage Amp Not that bad, not that good. But it's only $10 more then your budget. I tried one in Guitar Center just for the hell of it and I was pretty surprised that it didn't sound horrible.
Fender Standard Telecaster
Peavey Envoy 110
Boss DS-1 EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone Behringer DD400 Digital Delay
Digitech Bad Monkey
^dont take lessons and use the tuition for ur amp.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by ECistheBest
^those are bad amps.

I disagree if you're buying them used for under $50. Especially as a practice amp. They're solid amps, no QC issues, they just have mediocre SS tone through a tiny speaker. It's something we've ALL had to live with at some point in our guitar career (for the most part).
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
^i did. Fender Frontman 15G. horrible gain channel, bad EQ, clipping clean sound, even through headphones, couldn't get a decent tone out of it.

i sold mine for $40, and i felt sorry for the friend that bought it for $40.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Well, maybe if you have a refined ear for tone like most of us, but chances are if this guy (no offense to him) is taking lessons, and is trying to spend $50 on an amp, he has no ear for tone. And I still recommend the Peavey to anyone on a strict budget who is just learning to play guitar. I learned to play on one, as well as three of my friends, and I can tell you it's not great, but it has decent cleans, even at high volumes, and the overdrive isn't total crap.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
^ hah, thanks. sorry for the little argument. no hard feelings? (to EC)

here's that backstage on eBay for $45 incl shipping:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Peavey-Transtube-Backstage-10W-Pro-Effects-Tone-NEW-OB_W0QQitemZ220138238323QQihZ012QQcategoryZ38076QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Tone doesn't really matter. Just get something used that functions.
Hi, I'm Peter
Get the one in that eBay auction, it's brand new but opened, and only $45. You can download the missing manual online for free.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Find a pawn shop or two. I have a couple by me with crappy little amps piled up for $50. I wouldn't buy any of them, buit they're fine for you.

Seriously, I've seen Microcubes below $50. You won't do any better than that new.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
^ What you can find for cheap doesn't count

I'm still expecting the day you come on here saying "Yeah, I'm driving this new Lamborghini that I bought off a guy for $75 and an old Harmony guitar I had laying around."
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by sum41fan13
I said I would push my budget 10 more dollars to get a new peavey backstage.

That's why I replied reinforcing my eBay idea. There's no reason to push it the extra $10, when you can get a new one for $15 less.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
More watts != more quality.

Is there any reason why you can't save up and get a Vox DA5 or a Roland MicroCube?
Quote by lachowsky
^ ya, i know, it''s just a suggestion lol
I made a practice amp out of a pair if computer speakers and my digitech grunge, it works surprisingly well

do what he said. but buy a DS-1 with those $60. im actually doing it now untill i get $200 for my blackface.
cheap pedal plus some all-purpose monitors is probably the easiest option. buy a behringer acoustic simulator and some behringer distortion. crap as heck but you'll have clean and dist for about $20-30, probably just as god as any amp you'll be getting for that price.

back when my amp was left at my friends for a month i used a behringer x v-amp with some 2 inch playstation speakers. sounded fine for what it was
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
Quote by Dirk Gently
More watts does NOT mean more quality.

yeah, but more watts usually has a bigger speaker, which can make deeper sounds better, rather than just limiting your self to high frequencies

would be better to play your guitar without an amp, untill your birthday comes to get something worth while , but if you insist, look for a lame amp used would waste your time though
Last edited by GoreGalore at Aug 13, 2007,
you could get a marshall mini stack for like £20, thats like about $50 I think =]
My Band =]
We play some goffic pish
Its fun

Leave us a comment, we'll get back to you =]
Page 1 of 2