so for my Senior summer Im planning on going on some large trip somewhere in the world...and Im considering while there getting a guitar for college...
my current idea is go to japan and get a Edwards guitar
anyone know of any place in the world where the guitars are cheap,high quaility n such?

thanks
Quote by Stop Messin'
Every pic of Jimmy Page taken looking up at him. He looks like a 10 foot tall GOD!
ok that didnt make sense
Quote by Stop Messin'
Every pic of Jimmy Page taken looking up at him. He looks like a 10 foot tall GOD!
If you're going to Japan look at Ibanez J-Customs too as well as Navigator (I think) which are supposed to be higher quality than Edwards (more expensive too) as well as MIJ Fenders.

I don't actually know anything about them, but I think Seljer is saying that you could get a Caparison in Japan too.
any other counrtys beside japan with good high quailty guitars
that arent more pricey then american guitars
Quote by Stop Messin'
Quote by Chevylegend454
any other counrtys beside japan with good high quailty guitars
that arent more pricey then american guitars

i don't think there are, no...

maybe australia for a maton acoustic - ooohhhh....
I don't think you'll get them cheaper than American guitars.

Like, you would get an Edwards in Japan cheaper than you would get an Edwards in the US, but it'll still be pretty pricey and you could probably get something of similar quality in the US for the same price. If that makes any sense.

Just because you're going to another country doesn't mean that the guitars will be cheaper.
i think usually its the other way around isnt it? like people coming to the US from other countries to get cheaper stuff
^It depends, like you can usually get a Marshall or an Orange cheaper in the UK, but here Peaveys and Fenders are cheaper. It depends on where they're made.
Quote by gibsonpenguin
^It depends, like you can usually get a Marshall or an Orange cheaper in the UK, but here Peaveys and Fenders are cheaper. It depends on where they're made.

basically thats what im looking for
like a MIJ guitar bought in Japan is cheaper then the same thing bought here shipping cost and such
any other country's apart from japan known for guitars?
Quote by Stop Messin'