Alright, so now that ive got a strat, i need some better pickups for it... uhhhh, im looking for a John Frusciante/Jimi - like tone...

i guess thats pretty much it...

any suggestions?
Quote by forsaknazrael
What kind of amp do you have?

well im about $200 away from a '65 Blackface head. (ive just got some generic speakers that do the job just fine...)
Fender SCN? Duncan alnico single coils? Lace Holy Grails?
Quote by Altered_Carbon
That's some bony hipster sex, which may be the best kind.
Niiice.

See how your guitar sounds through it first, though. You might find it sounds just fine.

As for single coil pickups, I can't recommend this user on UG called CorduroyEW. He makes fantastic single coil pickups. I love the set he made me. And, they're much cheaper than handwound ones usually are. Check him out, send him an email or a PM, make sure he knows you're a UG member, there's a discount. Oh, and tell him I sent you.
http://www.rockmonkeyguitars.com/
Quote by forsaknazrael
Niiice.

See how your guitar sounds through it first, though. You might find it sounds just fine.

As for single coil pickups, I can't recommend this user on UG called CorduroyEW. He makes fantastic single coil pickups. I love the set he made me. And, they're much cheaper than handwound ones usually are. Check him out, send him an email or a PM, make sure he knows you're a UG member, there's a discount. Oh, and tell him I sent you.
http://www.rockmonkeyguitars.com/

sweet. thanks!
Well i'd imagine you should be able to get Hendrix and Froosh tones out of stock Fender Pups since they both use/used Fenders anyway. I can get a perfect Hendrix tone with stock Fenders through my AC30 and i mean PERFECT!!
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
T.C. Electronic Vintage Dual Distortion
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay
Quote by Bossman123
Well i'd imagine you should be able to get Hendrix and Froosh tones out of stock Fender Pups since they both use/used Fenders anyway. I can get a perfect Hendrix tone with stock Fenders through my AC30 and i mean PERFECT!!

yeah, but they both used old school 60-70's fenders. and im not dishing out $15,000 for one any time soon...
Stephens Design pickups and Lindy Fralin pickups are worth a look. I'm sure CorduroyEW does good stuff, too.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Quote by xrawrockkillsx
yeah, but they both used old school 60-70's fenders. and im not dishing out $15,000 for one any time soon...

Ya, ok but it's the same basic guitar, even if you did buy a fender from the 70's you still wouldn't get much closer to a Hendrix tone than you will with a brand new standard strat!
MIA Fender Strat
Yamaha FG-450S
Crafter 12 string
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Vox AC30CC2
Epi Valve Junior
Fulltone Clyde
Danelectro Free Speech
T.C. Electronic Vintage Dual Distortion
Boss MIJ GE-7 (c1987)
Boss TU2
MXR Phase 90
Artec delay
Maybe for Fru, you might wanna look into the '57 - '62 Strat pups Fender make. These should also do Hendrix, hopefully.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
word^
that's what i have and i can nail frus tone
and get pretty close the hendrix's
if not that check out seymour duncan antiquities
fru has those in the 55 strat
or check out bareknuckles i have a feeling the mothers milk set would be good for fru
they are crazy expensive though