Probably an old vid, judging how the all-seeing-eyes of the UG forums know everything!

But i just wanted to see what you guys thought of this?

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=546KjKMB9kw

Turns out being stuck in a pentatonic rut isnt the worst of Kirks problems...?
(no i'm not saying im better than him, unless im judging by that vid... Then its fair to say i am)
Artist's aren't like pure gods which have everyithng come to them instantly

Plus that song's not too amazing..
Uh, not really.

So he found if difficult to pick up something someone else wrote. Doesn't make him a rubbish guitarist.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
****, this video again?

I find hard to have someone on top of me while I'm learning a riff too. I can do it if he plays it twice and leaves me to figure it out, but each time I don't get it he plays it again, it pisses me off.
Yeah that song is **** ( by "song" i mean "album" ), but c'mon if he cant play that riff he shouldnt be in ****ing metallica!
get a life.
Quote by Ex'sAndOh's
I peed while riding down a little slope in a trolley.

Because I'm so hardcore.

Quote by J Lock
No.
Wrong.
Yes, your opinion is wrong.

J Lock Likes The C***
I also mess up when people or over you, where only human

ESP LTD MH-350NT
Hughes & Kettner Switchblade 100
Orange PPC412AD
Seagull S6 Cedar Slim
Manuel Rodríguez C1M

Guitarist of Ravenage
Drummer of Windrider
Solo Project is Aloeswood
but man :| its just alternate picking and like... 3 notes!
If this wasnt Kirk Hammett and it was some noob instead he'd get a flaming of a lifetime.

Still, i DO actually think Kirk is a good guitarist , judging by the other older 'tallica stuff, and who knows what the new album is going to be like ?
so what man? he is a decent guitarist and deserves a little breathing room. everyone has their off-days. obviously he knows it was just a funny off-day, or he wouldn't've put it on the Some Kind of Monster DVD.
Quote by 6Slay6tanic6
Yeah that song is **** ( by "song" i mean "album" ), but c'mon if he cant play that riff he shouldnt be in ****ing metallica!

So, you're saying that, as he learns a riff that he DID NOT write, he should pick it up right away?

I'm...sorry, but I don't think it works that way.
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
They weren't homeless they were just Grunge.
Quote by Jekkyl
So, you're saying that, as he learns a riff that he DID NOT write, he should pick it up right away?

I'm...sorry, but I don't think it works that way.

people don't get it, but that's how it is when band members share their riffs with one another.
Quote by Witch-king
Ah fuck off. It's a shitty riff anyway.

i'm not a fanboy or anything, but Kirk is a decent guitarist and everyone's entitled to a bad day.
Quote by metallifan1
i'm not a fanboy or anything, but Kirk is a decent guitarist and everyone's entitled to a bad day.

Yeah I'm agreeing with you. I think the threadstarter should fuck off.

Quote by Witch-king
Yeah I'm agreeing with you. I think the threadstarter should fuck off.

oh.....well......
Every guitarist has a bad day, and I could see him getting more and more frusterated, which just makes your playing worse.
Who dat?
People have bad days.....Hammett has earned his respect from some really cool riffs he made......He's only human after all....
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
I heard a great quote from some one that makes perfect sense, "Ive never seen a guitarist who puts Kirk Hammett as an influence that is a decent player." Kirk is by no means a guitar god. Sure he's "good" but by no means great. Without his Wah pedal he's nothing either.
Quote by Wylde_MXR
I heard a great quote from some one that makes perfect sense, "Ive never seen a guitarist who puts Kirk Hammett as an influence that is a decent player." Kirk is by no means a guitar god. Sure he's "good" but by no means great. Without his Wah pedal he's nothing either.

You haven't listened to the first 4 Metallica albums at all, have you?
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
They weren't homeless they were just Grunge.