ok so i've been convinced away from solid state i just bought a fender blues jr. 15 watts and it can scream louder than my old 100 watt head!!! and without the low annoying, blurring, muddy feedback crap. now my question, the amp has distortion but it doesnt chunk enough when i palm mute, so i would like to know what i can do to maybe add some more distortion and chunk up the mute's. also what are your reccomended tubes for metal. this amp has the gt 12ax7's
well, the blues junior wasn't meant to do metal...

but i'd suggest getting an EHX metal muff, or a pretty hefty overdrive pedal.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
ok well it confuses me cause there is no effects loop on it so i'd have to plug it in straight to the input and when i did that with my digitech death metal pedal it was crackly and sounded like crap
that's due to the digitech death metal pedal being crap probably. that or a dodgy lead/dirty input
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
Even if you had an FX loop, you'd want to put OD/distortion pedals in front of the amp.

I suspect the problem may be your Digitech pedal, not the amp.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
It's a great pedal (the TS9 or 808), but I don't know about it for metal.

I got my son a Jekyll & Hyde, which is like a TS808 on one side, and a heavier distortion on the other. He loves it. Definitely pushes some serious gain thru his Crate Palomino with it.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
I bought mine online from zZounds. They're great.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
advice taken you convinced me once and you've done it again thanks for the help!!!

Enjoy it!

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Ok, so i LOVE the Blues Jr., one of the best values you can get in an amp. But the problem is that this really is not a metal amp. It's a blues, rock, country amp, but not so much of a metal amp...

For overdrive though i would go with a TS9 (analogman modded if you can afford a little extra)