So , im thinking of putting JJ's in a 6505 , for a bigger crunch and tone, but what type of jj's and do you suggest I do it ? It comes with 6L6GC Power tubes and Six 12AX7 preamp...

SO what should I do? It already sounds good but im wondering if I shoul up the crunch???????
My Gear:
Gibson Flying V (active Emg's 81, 85)
Peavey 6505 Amp

Avatar Cab /w Vintage 30's / G12H-30's
Schecter Damien-6
ISP Decimator
Vox Wah Pedal
Ibanez TS808 Tube Screamer
Roland Cube 60
I have a set of JJ Hi-Gains in my 5150 and they sound great. Really cleaned up the clean channel (surprisingly). I'd recommend those to anyone. The only thing I have a problem with, is the fact that now, it's harder to dial in a good tone that's both heavy and still has good harmonics. Before it was just put it on whatever I want to and it still sounds good, now I actually have to pay attention to the EQ more. You might see that as a bad thing, or a good thing I guess, though they do sound a lot better than the stock tubes.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Thats sweet I have a gibson flying V with emg's 81, and 85 and im going to get a 6505 with jj's and a 1960B cab so I have almost the same gear as you haha =D so it sounds good??? but its harder to dial, how much are the HI-Gains??????????? and where'd you buy them from?
My Gear:
Peavey 6505 Amp

Schecter Damien-6
ISP Decimator
Vox Wah Pedal
Roland Cube 60
another question do you use a pedal for distortion or stock distortion on the amp?????????? thanks IF SO on the pedal what pedal and what type of music do you play THANKS!!!!!!!!!
My Gear:
Peavey 6505 Amp

Schecter Damien-6
ISP Decimator
Vox Wah Pedal
Roland Cube 60
Am I the only one who read something to do with "jj11615?"
Quote by Pikka Bird
Go pikka yourself!
im gonna sound retarted i guess, but whats a jj?
Half Man, Half Bearpig! I am Super Sereal!

Quote by jravolta
Every time the Jonas Brothers play, an innocent in Darfur is killed.

lol diversity in UGers:

Quote by i have to pee
I am not 12, but my sack is still hairless.

Quote by magnum1117
my balls are hairy as chewbacca's...