I'm planning on getting a classic players 50s strat. My friend has a strat with vintage noiseless pickups in it and also has the Hot Rod Deluxe. The problem is that the Hot Rod doesn't have enough gain/is too bright. The pick ups sound just waaay too thin. I'm assuming that I the 50s strat will sound similar. I tried the 50s strat with a VintageModern half stack and it had enough gain to get a chunky overdriven rhythm sound. Will the Tiny Terror have enough gain to work for me?
They have a high gained crunch, I don't think you'll get metal tones though, maybe some EARLY metallica sounds, like Seek & Destroy, but Nothing like Killswitch engage sorta sounds, without a pedal, atleast.
they get to a nice 80's hard rock/metal gain, your ts-9 will certainly get you there
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
So you think I'll get those tones with the Tiny Terror and the 50s strat? I have a TS-9 that I had modded for more gain so I think maybe I will have enough.
To me, wolfmother sounds very crunchy, not so much thick. Sometimes people mismatch the terms, and set their amps very bass heavy instead of mid-heavy. That bass generally is coming from the bassist, and so bass-heavy guitar sounds get very, lost in the mix.

That being said, i think your LP through the TT alone (cranked) will give you a very nice AC/DC,zeppelin,wolfmother tone.
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Ibanez TS-9 Tube Screamer
Fulltone OCD
Dallas-Arbiter Wah Baby
Home-Built Germanium Fuzz Face
MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
2 Fender Blues Juniors
andrew stockdale uses orange amps, so I assume the tiny terror will get you that crunch, if not, throw in a big muff or a different fuzz pedal
My Strat/Modded '69 RI Mustang
Ovation 1117-4 c. '75
Fender Blues Jr. [JJ Power Tubes, White Grille, Warehouse Speakers Greenback Clone]
BOARDZILLA 2.0

#? of EHX Guild
Quote by SRVStrat808
To me, wolfmother sounds very crunchy, not so much thick. Sometimes people mismatch the terms, and set their amps very bass heavy instead of mid-heavy. That bass generally is coming from the bassist, and so bass-heavy guitar sounds get very, lost in the mix.

That being said, i think your LP through the TT alone (cranked) will give you a very nice AC/DC,zeppelin,wolfmother tone.

well with the strat and hot rod its very very very thin. piercing and overly bright it also seems to be lacking a lot of gain.
well how thick are his strings? maybe a higher gauge will take away from that thinness.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
Yeah it will easily handle wolfmother, go for it!

flickr you might
Quote by MrCarrot
Oranges are actually a revolution though - they're the next step from Rectos IMO.
Quote by Johnonon
andrew stockdale uses orange amps, so I assume the tiny terror will get you that crunch, if not, throw in a big muff or a different fuzz pedal

+1 for wolfmother, if you listen to woman you will hear AS's tone is fuzzy so a Fuzzpedal for Wolf mother, but for classic rock in general the TT should be able to do it alone. and with your Tube screamer you could pretty much do anything.
Wolfmother isn't a problem for the TT. It's well within it's range.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
You'll definately get Wolfmotherish tones from the TT, Stockdale uses Oranges.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by thebrewfan
Even with a Strat?

It wouldn't be perfect, but it'll be close enough.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
sweeeet, well I was thinking about it and it might be worth the extra 300 if i just get a rocker 30 combo. Cause if I get the TT its gonna be 500 for that and then another 300 for the cab but if I just get a rocker combo it will be $1100.
Quote by thebrewfan
sweeeet, well I was thinking about it and it might be worth the extra 300 if i just get a rocker 30 combo. Cause if I get the TT its gonna be 500 for that and then another 300 for the cab but if I just get a rocker combo it will be $1100.

Yeah but if you buy TT+cab you can use the cab later on with other heads, but the combo is stuck to one amp
Quote by -BlackZeppelin-
Psh. I can can play fleshlight acoustically.

*masturbates*
Quote by John W
Yeah but if you buy TT+cab you can use the cab later on with other heads, but the combo is stuck to one amp

I do believe you can unplug the "head" part of the combo pretty easilly and use it as just a cab.
Gear:
Gibson X-Plorer Studio Yellow
Orange Tiny Terror
Orange PPC-112 Cab (2 stacked - 1 open backed)
MXR Phase 90
Fulltone OCD
A bit off topic but I keep thinking people are referring to the Laney TT, instead of the Orange Tiny Terror. This inappropriate abbreviation must stop! It's time we nip this problem in the bud before the situation gets out of hand!
...Bleep Bloop...
Quote by John W

Its a rocker 30...please tell me of these wondrous "other amps" that i would want to use after owning one of those.
Quote by thebrewfan
Its a rocker 30...please tell me of these wondrous "other amps" that i would want to use after owning one of those.

Framus Cobra/Dragon/Ruby Riot
Diezel Herbert/SH-4
VHT Deliverance/Pittbull
Wizard Vintage/Modern Classic

etc. etc. etc.
Washburn HM Idol w/ SD JB in bridge > Ibanez Weeping Demon > Korg Pitchblack > Digitech Bad Monkey > Boss NS-2 > Boss DD-6 > Egnater Renegade > Splawn 2x12 w/ Weber Sig12Bs

Yeh go for the rocker 30 if you think it does your tone, its loud enough to gig, tone in abundance, easily manage wolfmother and many other rock, rearing on edge towards hard rock. And that isnt even counting being boosted with a ts-9 LET ALONE a modded ts-9.

And the classic players is a superb strat, and if you still think the tone is not thick enough, you could change the pups for something higher output (the cp50's pups are pretty low output as far as I know)
i love the rocker 30...i just hate how there is no eq for the clean/natural channel :/
Quote by NeverMeant
Sometimes I feel like I won't care if my girlfriend dies because then I won't have to worry about her becoming pregnant.