what is the difference between an f spaced pickup and regular size and how do i know what is in my guitar? probably a dum question but i need to know
Jackson Dxmg w/dimarzios up n down
Jackson DK2t
Carvin DC127
ValveKing 100 head
5150 head
Recto-Verb 112
1960a Marshal 4x12
FFFDFEFRFKFFF,jeremylp,atreyurock9, noahfor, Vangkm, Used666, and sgtshak- great sellers/traders!!
An F-spaced pickup is for Floyd Rose bridges whereas regular will work for strat or TOM bridges.If it's an emg or a rail pickup it does not matter.
Hope that helped.

SC
Jackson kelly Std
fender strat
Epiphone JR
Crate gx-40
2x10 extension cab

I like all types of music.Put this in your sig if your are not narrow minded..
F-spaced is "for" Fender and Floyd Rose. Standard pickups still work, though.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
2 contradictions here, one says fender gets an f-spaced and one post says regular is for strats. little help please???
Jackson Dxmg w/dimarzios up n down
Jackson DK2t
Carvin DC127
ValveKing 100 head
5150 head
Recto-Verb 112
1960a Marshal 4x12
FFFDFEFRFKFFF,jeremylp,atreyurock9, noahfor, Vangkm, Used666, and sgtshak- great sellers/traders!!
"F" spaced is for any tremolo equipped guitar (Floyd Rose or vintage). Standard is for hardtail, TOM, Etc..
On tremolo guitars the saddles are further apart then on hardtails so the string spacing is wider and doesn't align exactly with the pole-pieces of a standard pickup. Will is right in saying standard pickups will work, the makers of F spaced pickups claim that the strings if not aligned right won't be heard correctly. That is a gimmick, I have standard humbuckers in my Tremolo equipped guitars and the strings arn't perfectly aligned over the pole pieces, and the difference in tone (if there is any) is so miniscule, I honestly don't hear it...
Quote by XibanezedgeX
"F" spaced is for any tremolo equipped guitar (Floyd Rose or vintage). Standard is for hardtail, TOM, Etc..
On tremolo guitars the saddles are further apart then on hardtails so the string spacing is wider and doesn't align exactly with the pole-pieces of a standard pickup. Will is right in saying standard pickups will work, the makers of F spaced pickups claim that the strings if not aligned right won't be heard correctly. That is a gimmick, I have standard humbuckers in my Tremolo equipped guitars and the strings arn't perfectly aligned over the pole pieces, and the difference in tone (if there is any) is so miniscule, I honestly don't hear it...

Yup... It doesn't hurt the tone at all to have the magnets off to one side or the other by 1mm. It does change the tone quite a bit when you make the bobbin longer though. I don't like F spaced pickups unless it's a pickup used for coil splitting. Then F spaced can be a good thing.
Not taking any online orders.
After reading this thread iv just noticed my e string (1st) isnt over the pole on my neck pup whatso ever. no wonder i find that string to be very quite compared.
Its odd because it aligns over the middle and bridge ones perfectly x]
^Not that odd, The nut is not as wide as the bridge so if the spacing on all the pickups is the same, either the neck or the bridge is going to have to be off.
Not taking any online orders.