Are there any interviews (text is fine) w/ guitarists where they talk about the way they learned to play? Ideally it would be w/ someone who I like as a guitarist (e.g. Jerry Garcia, David Gilmour, Jimmy Page, Pete Townshend).

Some of these guys are "just born with it" but I would think there has to be some who took an athlete-like dedication to their instrument and turned themself into an outstanding player. I'd like to read these kinds of stories.
Quote by doublek321
Some of these guys are "just born with it" but I would think there has to be some who took an athlete-like dedication to their instrument and turned themself into an outstanding player. I'd like to read these kinds of stories.

Nobody is just born with it. Being a great musician comes with dedication, creativity and study. Yes, study.

I wouldn't count on hearing a rock star talk about how he learnt to play, but if you want to become a great musician yourself I can tell you that being an awesome player is not synonymous with being an awesome musician. However, being able to play an instrument really helps you when it comes to composing.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation