Say you guys were playing a c# note at the 4th fret of the 5th string with your pinky finger. Where would your other fingers be. Really close to the fretboard or far away. My guitar teacher has told me its a good idea to keep some fingers pressed down behind it for support and to span my fingers out. When I look at his fingers he never just has one finger down. Say hes playing a c note at the 5th string on the third fret with his third finger, he will always keep his second finger behind it. Could someone explain how they play and whats the method behind this.
radiantmoon is the toughest person I know. He inflects a sense of impending doom upon any who look upon his stone-chiseled face. The children run out of fear, while the men run for they know that the stories are true.
preference FTW!!! theres no rule that says you have to have a finger pressed down behind another.
doesn't matter. if you have enough control using one finger to play or bend a string then use one.
Quote by LaGrange
preference FTW!!! theres no rule that says you have to have a finger pressed down behind another.

exactly, i find it easier to have them more spread out, then again ive played for a while and have a lot of strength built in my pinky, its all a matter of what you prefer
Quote by beadhangingOne
There is no music but metal and muhammad is its prophet.