I'm looking for a new guitar. I play both metal and acoustic genres so it's hard for me to choose a guitar. Some of my needs are 24 frets, able to squeel quite easily and play metal, and close as possible to an acoustic sound. i was wondering if i could get a good metal guitar and then just get an acoustic pedal? Or I've heard of piezo systems, but do piezo make for type of guitar, such as a schecter? Or there might be other ways to accomplish this and I'm not aware of it... thanks for the help, I need alot of suggestions.
piezo is probably your best bet. the problem is that ive only seen it on parker guitars and on john petrucci's signature guitar.You could buy a guitar and get the piezo system installed into it later.
Quote by csn00b
I hate seeing cute girls topless and what not, it just feels wrong.
There's a pedal called Acoustic Simulator, I think is a Boss or Digitech, but I tried and it sounded pretty cool, I think it was...40 or 50 bucks
Slash has the piezo on his sig LP so Im sure you could put it in just about anything.
Strat in the middle+bridge pick up position, sound pretty interesting.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
Rockman Sustainer Clean 2 mode. Or a Rockman Acoustic Simulator, it's just the Clean 2 setting from the sustainer though.
Fender 60th MIA Strat
Epiphone Les Paul Plus

Peavey JSX

Rockman Stereo Echo
Rockman Sustainor 200
2 Rockman 12-Band EQs
Rockman Stereo Chorus
RE-20 Space Echo
fulltone Clyde Standard wah

*No Advertising*
I just found out there's a piezo pickup under the bridge of my Dean Icon. The acoustic sound is only "passable" haven't tried it with a simulator yet. Always wondered why this guitar had such sweet high notes. The active pickup lends itself to that nicely.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Quote by Eric 666
There's a pedal called Acoustic Simulator, I think is a Boss or Digitech, but I tried and it sounded pretty cool, I think it was...40 or 50 bucks

they are pretty good, but i would check out the schecter with piezo in the bridge!
Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

[quote="'']Congratulations! You have won the award for the most irrelevant thing ever said in a thread!
Quote by Chad Brown
I'm looking for a new guitar. I play both metal and acoustic genres so it's hard for me to choose a guitar. Some of my needs are 24 frets, able to squeel quite easily and play metal, and close as possible to an acoustic sound. i was wondering if i could get a good metal guitar and then just get an acoustic pedal? Or I've heard of piezo systems, but do piezo make for type of guitar, such as a schecter? Or there might be other ways to accomplish this and I'm not aware of it... thanks for the help, I need alot of suggestions.

EBMM Petrucci all the ****ing way. If you have the cash.
I'm back, you douchebags.