I got a new guitar with a flood rose today and i wanna know some cool floyd rose techniques i can make use of, any suggestions?
MetalHead73
So I, with a broomstick(Just in case) walk right where they can see me and I said:
"You kids ever taken a broom up the ass?"
The look on their face was priceless, and they ran, and I mean ran like a bat out of hell.
look up dive bomb or herman li on youtube he likes do tricks....but if i was you try to create something original
really quickly pluck the B string open and dive bomb. sounds pretty kool.
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
Well, dive bombs, of course. Whammy Bar Harmonics are cool, too (it was featured in one of the shred masterclass lessons).

The thing to keep in mind is that the whammy bar is best when it is used somewhat subtly (that is, it's not the main attraction of the solo). Listen to some Iron Maiden or Randy Rhoads solos for good examples of this.
Quote by LochieW
Thats it, attackofnose wins LochieW's Official Trophy of Using His Googling Skills to the Max!

Hooray!
attackofnose is right. i hate how eddie van halen just does those insane divebombs. it requires no skill and is overrated.

randy rhoads and iron maiden are perfect examples
Member #10 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance

A fun one is just to take any two notes (full step apart) and hammer on/pull off as fast as you can, while diving the whammy bar. I do it on the G string and it's a pretty cool sounding trick. Also, open string pinch harmonics are fun to dive, say on the G string again, just find the tone you want on the string.
The Damned Blue Collar Tweeker of the Primus Sucks club. PM StratEnRegalia to join.

Flickr

Quote by Tad Walters
11th chords are for fags.
Quote by alex_13
just wondering, do you need a floyd rose or locking tremelo system for dive bomb stuff?

well technically a floyd rose is a locking tremolo. a locking tremolo has a locking nut which clamps the strings down so it wont go out of tune as easily. a vintage style trem such as on a Strat doesnt have a locking nut and will go out of tune if you dive bomb a lot with it.
Ibanez AEL 12-string

Last edited by bjovi400 at Aug 14, 2007,
Quote by bjovi400
well technically a floyd rose is a locking tremolo. a locking tremolo has a locking nut which clamps the strings down.

Yeah I know, but what i meant to ask was if you could do whammy bar stuff with a set bridge
^You can, but you'll get out of tune MUCH quicker.
The Damned Blue Collar Tweeker of the Primus Sucks club. PM StratEnRegalia to join.

Flickr

Quote by Tad Walters
11th chords are for fags.
Quote by alex_13
Yeah I know, but what i meant to ask was if you could do whammy bar stuff with a set bridge

meaning a vintage trem? you could, but you cant pull up on it. and you will always be retuning
Ibanez AEL 12-string

Quote by bjovi400
meaning a vintage trem? you could, but you cant pull up on it. and you will always be retuning

k thanks... I was just wondering if i would be able to go herman ri on my old $100 piece of crap behringer, but that's probably a bad idea because i might rip the bridge right off of it
yeah, youd probly rip the bridge off. lol
Ibanez AEL 12-string

While we're talking about bridges, is the fact that my Strat's bridge is being pulled up by the strings (like not flat against the body of the gutiar) bad for my instrument in any way?
Quote by lateraluspiral
She sucked your dick after you put it in her ass..?
Thats love.

Date idea?
Quote by Kensai
Sneak into mordor
Quote by Gigatiran
At least you're thinking out of the box.

Member of the 'Guitarists Born In 1991' Club.

Save the world?
are you in standard tuning? if you have recently changed strings, you probly have .13s or etc. on it. the strings are thicker and if you tune it standard, it makes a lot of tension. i would tune it down a whole step or restring it with light or medium guage strings.
Ibanez AEL 12-string

Last edited by bjovi400 at Aug 14, 2007,
Quote by bjovi400
are you in standard tuning? if you have recently changed strings, you probly have .13s on it. the strings are thicker and if you tune it standard, it makes a lot of tension.

Yea I'm in standard and no I just have .010s on it actually... The bridge is still pulled up though and I believe it was like that since the first string change. The main thing I'm worried about though is damage to my guitar will it be damaged?
Quote by lateraluspiral
Thats love.

Date idea?
Quote by Kensai
Sneak into mordor
Quote by Gigatiran

Save the world?
Quote by fifthhorseman54
Yea I'm in standard and no I just have .010s on it actually... The bridge is still pulled up though and I believe it was like that since the first string change. The main thing I'm worried about though is damage to my guitar will it be damaged?

you could also take the back plate off and check the 2 large screws holding the springs. you could tighten them up. as long as the bridge isnt like, to the point of breaking or chipping the wood under it, it should be ok. i would just check the springs, or tune it down.
Ibanez AEL 12-string

I like Alexi's FR style. It's not sparingly, but it's effective if you play faster metal. Like the intro 'solo' to Needled 24/7. The first bar, he plays a Natural Harmonic (not sure which) and lifts the guitar by the trem bar for the remainder of that bar, then shreds.
Herman Ri does it too
Quote by bjovi400
you could also take the back plate off and check the 2 large screws holding the springs. you could tighten them up. as long as the bridge isnt like, to the point of breaking or chipping the wood under it, it should be ok. i would just check the springs, or tune it down.

Cool, thanks man.
Quote by lateraluspiral
Thats love.

Date idea?
Quote by Kensai
Sneak into mordor
Quote by Gigatiran

Save the world?